HDMI key for Wii!!! Upconvert wii to HD

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
~Important~ I am in no way, shape, or form advertising or selling this product this is just for discussion purposes/opinions so drop a comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There is a new device being made available in the coming weeks. Preorders are being accepted already!! Here are the facts:

hdmikey.jpg

Features

• Works with all Wii's - all regions, PAL and NTSC!
  • 480p/720p/1080i/1080p HDMI output
  • HDMI, optical and analog audio output
  • On Screen Display for configuration
  • User updatable flash
  • High quality AD conversion and HDMI chipset
  • No HDCP or SCMS protection - capture or record game play in high definition!
  • Connects directly to your Wii
  • No external PSU needed"

This was from another forum I visit and this is what one of the users said about hdmi key for wii

its not true HD, its like watching Wii gameplay on YouTube at HD quality.

though this was the only bad feedback that I've read so far I'm actually kinda curious about this hdmi for wii xD

the Wii CANNOT output 1080P unless you have a wet dream of the big N cooking up a new home console that has HD support, and can upscale wii games to ether 720P or 1080P.

Regardless, the Wii only goes UP TO 480P even if you have an HDMI cable or component cables. Trus me, I was looking into it at one point, but someone told me they blew $100 on a Speical HDMI cable for the Wii with hopes it looks better on their "55 HDTV, but there were still lotsa jaggies on teh screen. Then one day he said he went to the local GS while picking up his COD: Black Opps magic game, and he saw they had a GS brand Component cable set that's for for PS2/3, X360, and WII.... For only $14.99!! Still some jaggies, but at least it didn't cost one Benjamin for the same picture quality and you can use it on PS2/3 and the Xbox 360.

I was about to dive into my curiousity of why someone would want to have HD on their wii when it won't play movies, but I remember playing mine on the flat-screen in the living room, and like Maldo said, the edges are too sharp. it's like someone turned up the sharpness all the way on your TV and injected some steroids lol.

I find if you turn DOWN the sharpness on your HDTV, with ether component or composite cables equiped on the wii, it WILL smooth out some of the jaggies... But not all of them. The amount of may depend on the game, even with the component cables and the wii resolution settings to 480P/EDTV.

For example: LOZ Twilight princess, SSBB, Georomrotry Wars, and Tron Evloution: Battle Grids have minimal jaggies WITH THE SHARPNESS TURNED DOWN ON YER TV AND THE COMPONENT CABLES W/480P.
Otherwise it would look like dogs#!t

But however, some games such as Super Mario Galaxy 1, New super Mario Bros Wii, and Star Wars: Clone Wars - Lightsaber Battles have TONS of jaggies even with the component cables, 480P turned on, and the TV's sharpness turned down.

Hope that's easy enough to understand.

I find if you turn DOWN the sharpness on your HDTV, with ether component or composite cables equiped on the wii, it WILL smooth out some of the jaggies... But not all of them.

I noticed that as well, and you're right. All the soap-opera-lookin games won't get much better from turning it down.

Interesting guys THANKS I will be taking your comments here and posting them on the original thread on the other forum I visit as feedback from you and me as well.

though it kinda does sucks though hd..T_T

Back