Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by i0n, Nov 19, 2006.

1. i0n

i0n :eek:

Please keep post any Wii problems you may be experiencing in this thread, whether it be hardware issues or software configurations.

2. Kumoriken

Kumoriken Banned

Wii Friend Code: 3916-4519-7595-8108
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    ((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
    One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.
    Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...
    Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.

Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
    --Kumo
    _________

3. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

How close are you to the sensor bar? I find it works best at a min of 2.5ft away. I too had similar issues in Redsteel, but no more. It seems to take some time getting used to, once you've mastered the controls, the game becomes natural to play.

4. Leilock

Leilock WiiChat Member

Sensor Bar

The one thing I'm trying to investigate now is the sensor bar. I played with the system through most of the night at a friend's house on a LARGE television, and with the sensor bar place right bellow the bottom of the screen, I had to point the remote really far down to get the cursor to show up on screen.

In fact when i point it right at the sensor bar, the cursor is in the middle of the screen. Has anyone found a way to adjust the sensor bar configuration in anyway? My console is currently hooked up to my network and about 75% through downloading the system update. Really hoping theres a fix in the update.

5. Leilock

Leilock WiiChat Member

bad news

UPDATE: I just finished the System Update, addin Wii Shop functionality and SD memory card support. At first glance though, nothing has changed on the sensor bar configuration. Are we doomed to point slightly below or above our screens on Wii games? Can we not point right at our targets like in the commercials? Please Nintendo... please anybody.... I am still in love with this system but i want it to be PERFECT, it can be perfect

6. BlightedArt

BlightedArt vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv

I'm sure there'll be a way to configure this. I mean c'mon, it'd be silly to put in a pointer ability that can't be configured... Just think Time Crisis, they had a similar build up for the light gun (I think) which you calibrate before playing.

Consult your Wii Manual if you haven't already, there'll be something on the start-up screen options for calibrating your Wii pointer.

7. Windmillritual

Windmillritual WiiChat Member

yeah not even an hour after I got the Wii, it overheated and froze on me, and no I do not have the ventilation blocked. I had to hard reset it because none of the front buttons would work.

8. BlightedArt

... Woah... D:

9. zebov

zebov WiiChat Member

I'm having similar issues. It seems as though they just made it so that the center of the sensor bar itself is defaulted as the center of the screen. This isn't a huge annoyance yet, but I'm sure it will be once we have games that don't give us reticles when aiming. Then what will we do? I sent an email to Nintendo customer service. Hopefully I'll get a response different than a form letter. I'll let you know.

10. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    I agree, being able to configure the bar so the "Zero point", can be set anywhere infront of you instead of being defaulted to the heigh of the sensor bar itself. As of right now, it's all good, but I am hoping to see something eventually with more options.

11. cats

cats WiiChat Member

I got my Wii and do all the system updating, play a little while sports game, and all of sudden, the remote control doesn't work, i tried to re-sync it, all 4 LED lights flashed, i checked the manual, it said the no. of the LED indicates the player number, but i just have one remote control.

12. patrickj

patrickj WiiChat Member

well for me the system seems to be freezing alot everytime i try to venture off into new areas. i've updated (which took forever by the way ) and i try to connect online, or try to go into the virtual console and it freezes, i actually had to unplug it while it was on. i wonder why?

13. yosh64

yosh64 WiiChat Member

hey

I will quote something I wrote in another thread...

cyas

14. BlightedArt

Can anyone tell me why to Update your Wii and if it's actually required? I'll be Wii'ing mostly offline.

15. Wiiboy93

Wiiboy93 Proud Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 7776-3616-3352-5689
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    I think you need to update for the shop channel

16. jbsseagull

jbsseagull Oh Wiily?

Well, I have a stable Wireless Router I have been using for my X360 and Laptop for over a year now, but I cannot get the Wii to connect. I have gotten 2 or 3 different errors as of noon when I picked the console up, 51330 and 52030 or something like that. I have updated firmware, unplugged and replugged, gone from WEP to WPA-TKIP and changed the Mac filter settings, and now I am lost. Any help? I can supply any info if you need it.

17. Wiiboy93

Wiiboy93 Proud Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 7776-3616-3352-5689
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    sorry I cant help mine didnt work the first time I got that error also but I tried again and it worked fine

18. jbsseagull

jbsseagull Oh Wiily?

Had to do a manual setup, but it is doing the update right now. Thanks for the quick response Wiiboy, even though you couldn't help :lol:

19. StandardsDT

StandardsDT WiiChat Member

the blue light. i read about it here and on a bunch of other sites so i know its not suppose to be on 247. but now im slightly concerned cause i thought i remember seeing it blink a few times when i first powered it on. now when i power on the console it blinks once and thats it. is this normal? i would have expected it to be on a lot longer than about a second if this is normal.

20. nikeguy911

nikeguy911 WiiChat Member

Problems connecting to the internet

Hey everyone, I could really use some help. I tried doing the manual set up for the Wii internet connection, but it still does not connect. I have a Linksys Wireless G Cable Gateway router, model no. WCG200-CC. Nintendo suggested updating firmware, but I went to the Linksys website and they didn't have any firmware available for the router.

The Wii can detect my SSID and everything, it just fails to connect on the test connection. Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

I don't know how to get to my router's settings on my computer, so if I need to do something there I would need help locating the router settings as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide!