Wii U - Like the name?

dascrow

WiiChat Admin
Staff member
Aug 18, 2009
I really think Nintendo could have picked something better Wii2, WiiHD.. I'm not feeling the Wii U name yet..

I would like Super Wii also :/ , but, well it`s really not that clever, but it was inexpected and I`ll give Nintendo points for that.

Personally i dont like the name, the play on words is going to kill it.....

Wii U
(wee) U
(pee) U

see where im going......Hopefully nintendo will realise this, and change the Name to ....... wii2 or wiiHD,

The console it self, will be mind-blowing

Sound like a police siren "wii u wii u wii u wii u wii u"

They shoulda called it the Evloution or Marcross, but at least the Wii U(terious) looks promiseing with the games and a decent controller you don't have to throw around like an idiot.

They shoulda called it the Evloution or Marcross, but at least the Wii U(terious) looks promiseing with the games and a decent controller you don't have to throw around like an idiot.

very good point. When i played No More Heroes or No More Heroes 2 when i recharged the lightsaber sword thing, i always thought "umm this doesn't look good"

Last edited:
no, I would prefer "Wii HD" instead of "Wii U". :frown5: cause Wii HD sounds better cause it has a Blu Ray drive but, I guess that's just me.

no, I would prefer "Wii HD" instead of "Wii U". :frown5: cause Wii HD sounds better cause it has a Blu Ray drive but, I guess that's just me.

Well, HD is not the main plus in new console, but looks like most people only care about graphics..

Talking honestly, I think that thats was not Nintendo's decision to give Wii U good graphics, they always were looking at new technologies and fun getting from the games, but as they said at E3, we are giving what you wanted, and I think they ment graphics, because in every nintendo video, at every post, there are stupid comments complaining about graphics and I think it would be a good idea to look forward to make new technologies then to make good graphics in Wii U, I really don't want to see stupid kids "real gamers" running around in multiplayer games of Wii U, and playing it only for the graphics.

haha, my thoughts exactly.

Personally i dont like the name, the play on words is going to kill it.....

Wii U
(wee) U
(pee) U

see where im going......Hopefully nintendo will realise this, and change the Name to ....... wii2 or wiiHD,

The console it self, will be mind-blowing

People were saying the EXACT same thing about the name Wii.

I would have preferred a total dropping of the Wii name for something more original. But it is what it is. If Nintendo can make this console a total improvement over the Wii, than I will come to ignore my complaints about the name.

Back