Teckx49

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
6665-8782-7692-6005
when u convert a video for the wii it has bad picture quality

is their a program i can get to convert the video so it has good picture

(kind of like when u burn a movie, it trancodes it or somewthing to make it look good)

Hey buddy, your watching it on a 480i or 480p resolution... It wont look that great. Have you noticed that videos online also don't look that great on the computer?

Teckx49 said:
when u convert a video for the wii it has bad picture quality

is their a program i can get to convert the video so it has good picture

(kind of like when u burn a movie, it trancodes it or somewthing to make it look good)

If you want a great picture. Why don't you buy a ps3. It support HD video.

Wow, its amazing how much those 2 replies completely missed the point. Hes talkin about converting a video so that its playable on the Wii without losing picture quality. So Cool-G, hes getting much worse quality then 480, and Tsowoman, I don't even have to say why that reply is rediculous.

Im thinkin your using WiiVideo 9? It sucks. I've been using River Past and converting to .mov to get good picture quality.

I didn't actually know that the wii play videos till right now :-S ha, and considering I've been looking at obscure ways to make it into a media centre I definitely should have known that.
So anyway, what format(s) does the wii take and what the the converters?
Once I know that I'm sure I could offer some suggestions for better picture quality.

I find it takes some codings of many formats...which makes it difficult. For example, it will play some mpegs, movs, and avi's but not all. Wii Video 9 is the most comon program to convert with, but the quality is horrible. Lucky for me it plays the .movs that I record with my panasonic camera so theres no converting required.

Back