Wii Vitality Sensor: not only for pulse rates, also for lie detection

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
It appears that the Wii Vitality Sensor aims to do more than just "provide information to the users about the body's inner world." Herald Sun is reporting that Nintendo staff at E3 discussed how the peripheral can measure fluctuations in the electrical conductivity of skin - much like in polygraphs, aka Lie Detectors.

Such fluctuations are significant in detecting if a person is lying because it correlates with the changes in emotions like fear, anger and desire.

While specific games utilizing the Wii Vitality Sensor - the peripheral that attaches to your finger to read your pulse - have yet to be announced, "You can imagine games along "truth or dare" lines being developed for fun at home on a Nintendo Wii fitted with a Wii Vitality Sensor," noted the newspaper.

If this be the case, you might want to keep it away from your parents just in case they quiz you about why you were out late last night. I also foresee a "guest appearance" of the WVS on The Moment of Truth.

Heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Wii-Vitality-Sensor-not-only-for-pulse-rates-also-for-lie-detection/pg/49/aid/132096

New from Nimtendo: WiiLie©!

Have you ever stolen something? Lied to a loved one? Masturbated? Murder? Well you better answer truthfully. WiiLie©!
Every copy of WiiLie© links up to your local police department computers to detect criminal confessions. Please don't tell anyone.

:lol:

Interesting... I wouldn't think Nintendo would develop such an odd, but unique gaming "device". I mean, they're the masters of originality, but this seems a bit... off. I wonder what kind of uses it would have... ?

New from Nimtendo: WiiLie©!

Have you ever stolen something? Lied to a loved one? Masturbated? Murder? Well you better answer truthfully. WiiLie©!
Every copy of WiiLie© links up to your local police department computers to detect criminal confessions. Please don't tell anyone.

:lol:

Lol.

That actually seems intriguing and frightening. Then again, I dont have to lie bc my parent is scared of me. Im alot bigger than him. lol

I tend not to lie. Seriously, I havent lied in awhile to anybody bc I dont want or need to.

And so shadow ends his failed attempt at an Austin Powers quote. lmao.

I do not lie Shadow, shame on you. lol

I do not lie Shadow, shame on you. lol

Humans lie for one reason or another, whether they lie to themselves or to others. It's our nature, even if they're harmless lies that make everyone happier. I'm a very honest person, but I'm not prone from lies, definatly not.

Anyone who says they don't lie, lies. :p ... Pime Taradox!

Back