Wii Wallpaper

Probably sometime around Wiiware's major launch in Spring 2008. Sorry guys, we have one heck of a wait. But it's clear Nintendo has something in the works for improving the Wii interface. It will not remain the same forever.

instead, maybe they should make a 'customize channel' where you could like not just change the coulors but add tints or borders or even MAKE the pictures you put in the backround of the channel sorta like the pc's default 'paint' it would be even cooler if you could do it to other parts of the wii menu channels. just a suggestion :)

ARav989: Is that what I think it is in your avatar? That's the incredible shot of a swingset swarmed with bees being torched, isn't it? :lol: "2 QUARTS OF 87 OCTANE GASOLINE REPORTING FOR DUTY SIR!" haha.

Gambla said:
The wii backround of the main page looks white and plain. who thinks there should be a backround wallpaper for the nintendo wii it would spice the whole system up a bit.

I wouldn't mind some customization options, but KrisKhaos has a point. With such limited space to have a real effect with background images, unless you're able to customize the whole layout of the channel (like view less on each "page"), it'd be nearly pointless. I think I'd settle for alternate color schemes, though, and maybe even a ticker option (for game, news, or weather updates, whichever channel you subscribe it to).

sagema said:
Probably sometime around Wiiware's major launch in Spring 2008. Sorry guys, we have one heck of a wait. But it's clear Nintendo has something in the works for improving the Wii interface. It will not remain the same forever.

What makes you say that, exactly? Wii Ware is essentially just a way for third parties to make new VC titles.

Edit:You know, I just thought of a interesting idea for a custom interface which supports your own sort of "wallpaper" laid out across the channels, but I think I'll have to take it to photoshop & imageready to truly display what I'm thinking.

Last edited:
dark samus said:
instead, maybe they should make a 'customize channel' where you could like not just change the coulors but add tints or borders or even MAKE the pictures you put in the backround of the channel sorta like the pc's default 'paint' it would be even cooler if you could do it to other parts of the wii menu channels. just a suggestion :)
nice idea a customization channel would be very very nice and more things could be added along the way like idk stuff lol

Back