wii with hdtv

It should be fine seeing as the Wii only outputs 480p

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get those 5 cables (green, red, etc.) then you must buy the component cables, forgot how much though. I'm going to buy them or maybe just teh S-video one

Link_of_Hyrule said:
its like $30 or $40 for the cables i see no point but you can do what you wish.
When you have an HDTV (I don't, but my one of my cousin does) anything that is standard definition generally looks like crap. You'll hear people complain after they've bought an HDTV, saying they didn't realize they'd be spending a ton more on high definition cables, HD satellite service, HD TiVo, and Widescreen, HD or Blu-ray DVDs to get a decent picture.

The component cables will be sold through Circuit City, EBGames, and GameStop both online and in stores, as Nintendo recently said in an interview with IGN. They will probably be $20-$40 depending on whether you buy the ones Nintendo makes or some third party like Monster Cable makes.

Seriously, get component if you can because it will give you the best picture the Wii can offer. I bought a component cable for my Xbox and the change is quite noticeable on my 27" flat screen tube TV; colors more vibrant, less jagged edges and blacks are most definitely blacker.

Last edited:
Back