Wii Zapper Help

ngrodamus

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2010
Denver
I have been playing GoldenEye on the Wii Zapper entirely (its the funnest because it really is the most unique), but it has been glitching out like crazy on me.

1. Often the cursor seems to be a little off center

2. The cursor will just take off erraticly in one direction or another for no reason

3. The cursor will sometimes disappear and be replaced with the red X circle

This seems like a problem with my remote but I've tried everything Nintendo has suggested. I have:

1. Replaced the remote batteries

2. Cleared sensor obstructions or smudges

3. Flipped the remote and slapped it with my palm

4. Checked for sensitivity or other interfering light

5. Even cycled through all 3 of my Wii remotes

....and nothing, all 3 remotes technically should be working perfectly but will flip out on me even when I am pointed at the center of the screen.

Oh, and not to mention I have spent an extensive amount of time attempting to customize the controls through GoldenEye options.

I just want to know if anybody else has experienced this problem. Is there anybody else playing with the Wii Zapper who has had this happen?

Or is it just my remote....how do I fix it??

Have you tried standing close and then farther away? You may be to close and or far away from sensor bar.

I have, and although it seems to be slightly better in some spots - (i've actually moved my chair to that spot)- it's definitely far from gone.

Could the problem be in my sensor bar?

I have several T.V.'s in my house and the Wii has been constantly moved maybe messing with the sensor bar.

could be your sensor bar, but then surely it would have the same problem with any other FPS. good luck with getting it sorted.

oh and now i sounds silly but have u changed your controller setting or button configuration to wii zapper???

lol right back at ya. sometimes it's just some think simple <(-_-)>

Yeah it seems to work a lot smoother on Link's Crossbow Adventure so you could be right.

I think I will just dedicate the next hour to fiddling with the control configuration on GE, and if that is to no avail I'll go pick up a new sensor bar from Best Buy

Actually, I just bought the game today [GoldenEye]. I don't think there is anything wrong. Just the stupid way they programmed the sensibility. I have Metroid Trilogy which has the same FPS sceem, but it works fine with same settings. Its just the game itself.

yeah, thats what i've decided too. I've extensively worked on the customizable controls to lessen this effect, but its still incredibly sensitive.

i think you should try using a classic controller or gamecube controller...

it seems the wiimote is a bit hard for you to use... this game is a little more picky than call of duty

if you move the wii remote too wildy to a direction a red x meanse you went off screen with the pointer...

you need to practice with the wiimote or use a regular controller.

Back