WiiChat GFX Artist Rankings

Let me give an example of how the weighted version is scored to help clear things up a bit.

SOTW #14

10 total sigs entered (Gym, Wiired, SSBB, KCBlack, Demonflair, tarheelsuperman, Close, CKNapp, Endlehach, Syntax)

Final voting (actual votes)
Gym 45
Wiired 40
SSBB 35
KCBlack 30
Demonflair 10
tarheelsuperman 10
Close 6

Ranking points before weight is added based on final voting
Gym 10
Wiired 9
SSBB 8
KCBlack 7
Demonflair 5
tarheelsuperman 5
Close 4
CKNapp 0
Endlehach 0
Syntax 0

Now to add in the weight we would use the last 10 SOTW. So lets just consider that we have completed voting up to SOTW 19.

the wieghts would be like this

SOTW #10 would be ranking points times 1
SOTW #11 would be ranking points times 2
SOTW #12 would be ranking points times 3
SOTW #13 would be ranking points times 4
SOTW #14 would be ranking points times 5
SOTW #15 would be ranking points times 6
SOTW #16 would be ranking points times 7
SOTW #17 would be ranking points times 8
SOTW #18 would be ranking points times 9
SOTW #19 would be ranking points times 10

The weights would put more emphasis on recent work giving newly joining artist with talent a better opportunity to catch up as well as pushing those who haven't participated in a while down the rankings.

So for SOTW #14 the final weighted ranking score would be calculated as follows ranking points times weight of 5.

Gym 50
Wiired 45
SSBB 40
KCBlack 35
Demonflair 25
tarheelsuperman 25
Close 20
CKNapp 0
Endlehach 0
Syntax 0

So for the final ranking we would add up all the weekly weighted ranks for the last 10 SOTWs (for our example SOTW 10 - 19) and then put them in order.

It's a tad more complicated than simple non weighted method but I think the rolling 10 week thing and the weights will help balance things out for talented newly joining artists.

Does that help clarify?

Yeah that one sounds a lot better, you really put some time into that one.

WE could also make it really any number though ten may still be too many since it would take someone like me who stared week 8 two months to be on even play field with someone like wiired and by then how knows vacation might jump in there and wreck it for someone. Perhaps we were to do last 5 and if you missed one for reason you couldn't control like vacation your 6 weeks ago one would come back and we would just ignore the ones you missed like it never happen, do you see what I'm saying?

Alright I'll write it out.

Jon joins at week 10 plays till 15 then misses 16 for camp we would still count his last five the same
week 15 place x 5
week 14 place x 4
week 13 place x 3
week 12 place x 2
week 11 place x 1

while everyone who competed up until the 16 would get

week 16 place x 5
week 15 place x 4
week 14 place x 3
week 13 place x 2
week 12 place x 1

Thus making it so everyone always had the same amount of scores to add up, therfore making it very even once you compete in 5 sotws.

Enedlhach said:
Yeah that one sounds a lot better, you really put some time into that one.

WE could also make it really any number though ten may still be too many since it would take someone like me who stared week 8 two months to be on even play field with someone like wiired and by then how knows vacation might jump in there and wreck it for someone. Perhaps we were to do last 5 and if you missed one for reason you couldn't control like vacation your 6 weeks ago one would come back and we would just ignore the ones you missed like it never happen, do you see what I'm saying?

Alright I'll write it out.

Jon joins at week 10 plays till 15 then misses 16 for camp we would still count his last five the same
week 15 place x 5
week 14 place x 4
week 13 place x 3
week 12 place x 2
week 11 place x 1

while everyone who competed up until the 16 would get

week 16 place x 5
week 15 place x 4
week 14 place x 3
week 13 place x 2
week 12 place x 1

Thus making it so everyone always had the same amount of scores to add up, therfore making it very even once you compete in 5 sotws.

I hear what you're saying but when you start revolving scores around individual's schedules and life events it gets way more complicated. Just take this for example. If Tiger woods were to miss a year of golf due to an injury he would no longer be the #1 golfer in the world. They wouldn't take his last years worth of tournys and rank him against those active golfers. I think the 10 week thing actually plays out better for users who miss one week b/c it still leaves you with 9 more weeks to play catch up.

This really isn't golf or a sport for that matter meaning that we could conclude that rankings should be who truly is the best since it's a ranking not a tournament/ whatever. If tiger woods were to not play a tour tournament for a year but not stop playing he would still be the best golfer he just wouldn't be proving it. So I really think since the purpose of this would be to rank the best it would be beneficial to put everyone on the evenest playing field that we could get.

Back