WiiChat News On the Go?

izimngcubes15

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Hey,

Here is an idea from me. I was originally going to do this with my website, but it wasn't as popular. So I want to give an idea. Why not start a "news" mailing service? Everyone who has a Wii and Internet connection can receive daily or weekly news from Wiichat.com informing them of what's hot, and what's out. It doesn't have to be fancy, all the people have to do is sign up and then you add them to your email and send the email to the Wiis requested. It's good advertising, and keep loyal members.

Sorry if this is already a feature of this website, or if it has been suggested or posted before, delete this thread, please if it is already posted or this "idea" already been thought of and is going on right now.

Sounds like a great idea to me, could have in the email (for example) a sample of the new news, e.g : Free VC games! - Gamespot have informed that for the Christmas period there will be free VC for all Wii Users...... (link to thread) would be well cool :)

i love that idea! since everyone's Wii has its own email address it would make it very simple to just send emails to the users who post their Wii-mail address (heh, i just made that up!). i lke this idea and maybe with the opera browser coming out soon, nintendo may add the option to launch a link from a message and if they do that we woud be able to also send direct links to the thread!

I'd been wanting to do it since I owned a website for Wii ^.^ But I'll have to see if the admin of this site will do it themselves.

I could add an opt-in mailing list to the forum.

I think emailing for each new news item may be a little excessive - but a weekly round-up of news (with links to the thread), along with 'most discussed topic' and other forum activity may be useful.

A weekly forum round-up.

i0n said:
I could add an opt-in mailing list to the forum.

I think emailing for each new news item may be a little excessive - but a weekly round-up of news (with links to the thread), along with 'most discussed topic' and other forum activity may be useful.

A weekly forum round-up.

That would be great! Sign ME up! :smilewinkgrin:

EDIT: One more "idea". You can also send the Wii users who you have on your email or whatever, a special message, if they succeeded something on the website, or if they won a contest. Or you can send them personal messages, kind of like notices and reminders?

I don't know, it's just an idea.

Last edited:
Back