WiiColin - Hi All!

WiiColin

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2011
Western Australia
Hi All!

Yes, yet another "oldy" (55) :yikes:.

There's no doubt about it, the Wii Console, with it's unprecedented interactivity scope was a master stroke of recovery from where Nintendo was.

My wife and I have owned our Wii for a couple of years now and love playing games against each other. If we want a steady chill out session over a few drinks, then it's Wii Resort Golf (which I usually win :wink:), if we are after something more physically competitive, then it's Grand Slam Tennis.

My wife is also into a lot of the physical interactive stuff like Wii-Fit, Wii-Fit Plus, Your Shape and (most recently) Zoomba.

Set up wise, the Wii is component connected to a NAD T775HD AV amp back to a 50" Series 6 Samsung 60Hz Plasma feeding a 7.2 speaker array of Aaron Main, Center, Sub, Surround and Back Speakers. All housed in a new furniture unit I purposely built:

RMain.jpg

I'm looking forward to the new console. Lets hope we get 1080p PQ with HDMI 1.4 connectivity!

Looking forward to participating here :thumbsup:.

EDIT - Actually - just found out that the Wii-U is now available - for AUS$598.00 - Yikes!!

Nice to see it supporting 1080p and HDMI !

Will wait till the price drops and comes out in black. :)

Attachments

• P1020647.JPG
    P1020647.JPG
    619.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, Colin. Assuredly, your love for the Wii should carry you far here. :lol:

I must say, that's a nice setup you've got for your Wii there. =)

EDIT - Actually - just found out that the Wii-U is now available - for AUS$598.00 - Yikes!!

... What?

WHAT?!?!

If you would please source where you found this price, before my heart promptly stops from being unable to debunk the WiiU being so rediculously priced... D:

Thanks for the welcome SSBFreak :cool:

That price (in Oz dollars remember) was at EB Games - and yes, I agree, a pretty hi price indeed. :scared:

That price (in Oz dollars remember) was at EB Games - and yes, I agree, a pretty hi price indeed. :scared:

I did a currency conversion a bit ago, and it's technically worse for us Americans. Since the value of the American Dollar is quite a bit less than the Australian Dollar at the moment, it translates to $642 USD.:skep:

But even with the US Dollar's value decrease, I'd imagine the WiiU will still be priced less in the US, so the technicality with the US Dollar being worth less doesn't matter at all. From what my down under buddies have told me, everything just-plain costs more in Australia. Would you say that's true?

And, if I'm just spouting nonsense, please do excuse me for being ignorant in foreign monetary doings and the like.

From what my down under buddies have told me, everything just-plain costs more in Australia....

No SSBFreak, you and your contacts are right. Items ARE more expensive (relatively speaking) in Oz. Probably, I suspect due to 'diseconomies of scale', that is, a smaller population here compared to the USA and probably a more competitive market as well.

But of course, like all new technologies, the entry market price is always high.

I suspect due to 'diseconomies of scale', that is, a smaller population here compared to the USA and probably a more competitive market as well.

I'm no econometrics expert, but that sounds logical enough. That's unfortunate, really... The economy has a way to screw over every community.

Well i'll add my welcome to you coin. i'd play more of the boxing game from Wii Sports but my wife always wins... and rubs my nose in it too! A sad parallel to my married life. It's just to much like the real thing... (goes into corner, hangs head and sobs quietly)

Last edited:
Well i'll add my welcome to you coin. i'd play more of the boxing game from Wii Sports but my wife always wins... and rubs my nose in it too! A sad parallel to my married life. It's just to much like the real thing... (goes into corner, hangs head and sobs quietly)

:biggrin5::biggrin5: - Cheers zpyderly - I can SO relate to that!

Back