Wiiconnect24 problem

MarkS

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
Hi guys,

I know many people are having this problem, and I found a fix for it.
Unfortunately the fix won't work for me.
I can use my opera browser and I can use the shop channel.
When I want to use the forecast and/or the weather channel, my Wii says that wiiconnect24 isn't set on. Only problem is, it IS set on! Now I found a fix for this problem which states that you have to unplug the wii, remove battery and format the thing, but this isn't working!:wtf:
I tried this fix two times, and I still have the problem.
Is there anyone around who can tell me what to do? I'm desperate..:crazy:
Guys, please, please help me..

Sorry my only suggestion is NOT formatting the wii, that's for reseting the memory. I never use the weather or news channels so I don't see what the big whoopdiwhoop deal is.

Well I did it twice, and I backed my savegames up. It isn't about the weather or news channels, but my idea behind this all is that I can't use my wiiconnect24 properly. I own a wii and I want to use every possibility of it. What if they are developing another program which uses the wiiconnect24 for it. Then I won't be able to use it because I don't have the wiiconnect24.

Did you accept the condition to activate the wiiconnect24 ?

Yep, all the times I formatted the system, I accepted the terms and activated the wiiconnect24. Anyways, could it have something to do with my wireless router?

Last edited:
MarkS said:
Yep, all the times I formatted the system, I accepted the terms and activated the wiiconnect24. Anyways, could it have something to do with my wireless router?

It could be. i know that some routers are a pain inthe *ss to get them work.
I have a Comtrend 536+ (Spain - Jazztel) and to get it work it costed me a lot of time. Finally I just re-installed (Re-flashed) it with the latest firmware and now I haven´t got any problems.

First ty to get conecting using WEP or even no-encryption. If that works then just climb up the ladder by adding security (WPA-PSK or WPA-TKIP and then go to WPA2 if your router allows it)

Try also first with the Wii ad Router in the same room. Don´t use and Cellular phone or Microwave or anything that uses the 2.4Ghz frecuency (like Babycams)

And if you know somebody who doesn has his Wii working with Internet, go to his place with your Wii and see if it works and that he/she comes to your place to test it out. This way you can make sure that if your Wii works at his/her place that the problem is the router.

Last, but not least if buying the Net-adapter, and connect the Wii to the Router by cable. (just a thought) -> 30€

HTH

I am having the exact same problem.

Wiiconnect is on, standby is on, but the news, weather, and everybody votes channels all say that wiiconnect24 is off even though it isn't

I am using a linksys wireless router wrt54g version 3

I just can't figure out why my those 3 channels don't work.

The internet and shopping channels work just fine.

Johnalex, what MTU value do you use? Default is 0 but I have to set it to 1500 to get stable connection at weather and news channels.

sup

1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings, including the "DNS" settings. Input these into the "Manual Setup" of the Wii console's internet connection.
4. If your computer has multiple DNS servers, enter your second or third DNS server for your Wii's Primary DNS in the Manual Settings section. If you only have one DNS server listed, enter your default gateway as the Wii's Primary DNS.

hi im new to this chat and im sure this will help u they helped me alot
:p

Back