Wiimote just blinks

Nology

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
So I set the wiimote down for a few min... pick it up and now all it does it blink a few times when i push any button..

How long you played it so far? Maybe the batteries are low. They say 30 hrs or so, but the free batteries are never as good as the brand names you get in the shops... Or so how i usually find. I doubt its a major problem with the remote if it was working earlier...

only played it for an hour or so.. even with new batteries its doing the same thing. Tried re-syncing it to. no luck.

chessaholic said:
How long you played it so far? Maybe the batteries are low. They say 30 hrs or so, but the free batteries are never as good as the brand names you get in the shops... Or so how i usually find. I doubt its a major problem with the remote if it was working earlier...

I find exactly the same thing.:frown2:

Well I just did this:
Turned off system
Turn back on after some seconds
Hit the Sync Buttons on wiimotes and console
1st player should light up once the manual page comes up
2nd activated when i hit a button

seems fine now, but its a pain in the butt when ya got wiimote grips, but they are sooo worth it.

This may sound like a dumb answer but i think your Wiimote is not turned on. Just press the Power button.

wow dude...i saw the Wiimote for the first time today...(i dont have a Wii yet thats why) but dude....its sooooooo small omg i couldnt believe it...i guarentee anyone who hasnt see it yet thinks its way bigger than it really is...tiny but a master piece.

Bulldogxx831 said:
This may sound like a dumb answer but i think your Wiimote is not turned on. Just press the Power button.
power button is like a normal power button on a normal remote control... it powers on the wii

Nope wiimote turns off and ya have to turn it on via power button ON wiimote and yes it also powers on the wii BUT it doesnt turn the wii console itself off it like makes it go to sleep can anyone explain that to me?

bulldog the wii is always on. never turns off. this is so it can get updates an stuff while ur asleep since it stays connected to internet(if u have it connected that is)

Yes but I can make my wii power light green(fully on) yellow(no idea) or red(no idea) whats the diff. I mean is it bad if its on yellow all night?

No. Yellow means stand-by im pretty sure. Oh and for the wii-motes try pressing 1+2 after syncing

The remote system is not very intuitive. No matter what I do, whenever I go into reset the remotes in options, it always defaults to making the first remote I synced when I hooked up the system the "master" remote and new remote I've synced as "1" no longer functions in the menus. So if I want to transfer control of the system to the remote my son has it just doesn't work, we have to switch remotes. Very frustrating. There's either a bug in the options or there something we're missing.

Back