Wiimote not coming on

azraelck

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2010
Skara Brae
I haven't been playing my Wii for a few months, so today I decided to come back to it. 1) Wiimote does not light up. At all. no flashing, no flicker, no light period. 2) New batteries, straight out of a package. And I checked to make sure they were installed correctly. 3) Sensor bar works, checked it with a cell phone camera, based on what I read elsewhere. Both sensors are light up. 4) Tried to resync the remote. Didn't do anything 5) Tried to reset the Wii. Did less. So do I have a dead remote? I'm not sure if Nintendo actually honors any warranty they imply, so I'd probably be out for a new remote. Rather, I'd be out the difference in a X360, because I won't be buying a new remote, and will just trade in. I had issues with turning the remote to the side before (didn't work correctly, up was right and down was left, etc).

Yeah I think it is your wii remote that is messed up form the inside of the controller. :)

Crap. Oh well, I was planning on a X360 anyway, for Batman:AC. So I won't be losing anything other than depreciation on the Wii.

Please read the OP before insulting my intelligence. The batteries are in correctly, and they work in electronics that are actually reliable, which sadly does not include the wiimote.

If I offended your intelligence, I'm NOT sorry. Because doing that helped mine, and my Batteries are rechargable. Why didn't that work, controllers can overload (Freeze) just as a console. I've even had problems with my XBOX 360 controllers that don't come on with a fully charged set of batteries, but doing that helped.

Back