Wiimote problems

chr_mar

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2007
When i point at the screen with my wiimotes the finger just jumps around and doesnt point where i want it to except when you tilt the wiimote at the proper angle then it sort of works. First one started doing it and one was fine. Now one is unusable and one seems to be on the way out aswell. Any ideas what the problem is?

Hmmm

- Try to Un-Sinc them [Hold the Red Button inside the SD card slot until the lights of the Wiimote stop flashing]
- Then Re-Sinc them

- Rechange batteries

- Try to un-plug and re-plug remotes

Try:

Cleaning your sensor bar
Adjusting your sensor bar position
Tweak the Sensor sensitivity in the Options
Un-Sinc and Re-Sinc
Change the batteries

If nothing works it could be something wrong with the internal stuff in the wiimote.

Wii_Smurf said:
Yeah I have my sensitivity to full lol

That can cause problems, your wiimote/sensor bar might pick up other lights and muck it up.

The weird thing is that ones is way worse then the other. The room is full of windows may thats it, but ill try all the things you guy suggested

I was having the same problem with my system when i first got it. the problem was the sensor bar and the way i had it sitting on my TV. So that was i would check first.

Had the same issue which I posted about clear back in January... which it turned out was from some other light source. It was only affecting one of my two controllers. As a test try using the controller at night with no natural light source, as well as have all other lighted sources besides tv shut off. You could even try covering up the infrared spot on the tv or the little red power light if your tv has one.

Anyhow do some tests before you go thinking its a hardware problem. If the tests fail then give nintendo a call. They are pretty helpful.

My Wiimotes only have this problem form 8a until 11a or so. The sunlight reflecting off of the TV causes my Wiimotes to jump all over the place. Good thing I like to sleep in :p

The jumping stopped when i put the sensitivity back to 3. One is working 100%. The other only works when you point it at the TV and tilt your hand 45 degrees like this slash ( / ). If you level it out with the buttons facing up or tilt it on the other angle ( \ ) or upside down the hand disappears. So im going to call nintendo and see whats up. If you have had this problem let me know.

Back