Wiimote Sound Problem

Nuro

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
Hi guys. I just got a Wii last night, much to my delight. I set it up and everything as it asked me to and then after making a Mii and everything I put Zelda into the disc drive.

I immediately noticed something wrong. First of all, I can hear the disc drive making a soft fan noise. That's not so bad, but my friend says his makes no sound, so it is a bit strange.

Secondly, and this is the main problem is that my Wiimote speaker somehow seems to be transmitting this noise.... I have NO idea how, but it is. I can hear the disc drive spinning through my Wiimote speaker. I can't hear it at any other time and nothing else seems wrong with the console, it's just this.

Has this problem been discovered before? Can anyone help? Should I return the console?

Thanks in advance.

The Wii remote does make a sound in Zelda & all games when you swing the sword it makes a whooshing noise etc, you sure its not just that?
Maybe try basic stuff like take the battery's out and put them back in. Is the noise constant? or now and again? It may be worth buying a new remote and testing that with your machine this would then defantly distinguish if the remote is faulty or not :D

Hope you get it sorted :D

Malone said:
The Wii remote does make a sound in Zelda & all games when you swing the sword it makes a whooshing noise etc, you sure its not just that?
Maybe try basic stuff like take the battery's out and put them back in. Is the noise constant? or now and again? It may be worth buying a new remote and testing that with your machine this would then defantly distinguish if the remote is faulty or not :D

Hope you get it sorted :D

Thanks for the reply. I know it makes sounds in Zelda, but not like this. =P I actually turned the remote volume all the way up/down and it made no difference. You couldn't stop it coming out, nor could you increase the volume of it.

I decided to take the controller over to my friends place, but as soon as I went into Zelda (on his console) with it, the same noise started coming out. Imagine the controller constantly emitting a soft computer fan sound, but doing it kinda loudly.

I actually took the controller into the store I got the Wii from again today for a replacement. It all went pretty smoothly and now I have no problems. =D

Back