Wii's internet, flash videos?

Chris23

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
I downloaded the internet application for my Wii today, but to my disappointment i found it unable to play flash files of any sort. It took me to the macro media flash website and was unable to install it. I was hoping I could watch youtube, flash movies, IGN video reviews etc on the wii

You can!!! That sounds rather odd. I can watch flash videos (i.e. YouTube, Anime Streams, Newgrounds, etc.) and also play flash games without any problems. Did you do a system update?

Jinn K said:
You can!!! That sounds rather odd. I can watch flash videos (i.e. YouTube, Anime Streams, Newgrounds, etc.) and also play flash games without any problems. Did you do a system update?

Yeah that was one of the first things I did today, but obviously that didnt work :sick:

That doesn't make any sense! The Wii does have the power to play flash. It is a lower version of flash, but you still can watch and play flash. Try testing it again.

yep, entirely true, i recently got the internet channel and i was able to watch videos. I dont know what is needed though sry (T-T)

Try deleting the internet channel and then a system update (hopefully the Wiii will tell you that you are up to date). Then reinstall the internet channel.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Mom

you can only watch flash videos up to a certain version , the wii is a couple of versions out of date i think , but youtube and google video should work fine (among others)

im pretty sure wii has flash 7 while a lot of sites are using 8 and 9

Last edited:
el-zilcho said:
you can only watch flash videos up to a certain version , the wii is a couple of versions out of date i think , but youtube and google video should work fine (among others)

im pretty sure wii has flash 7 while a lot of sites are using 8 and 9

are there any plans to update this?

i don't know about flash but...... my wii can even play .avi movies from my pc directly through the internet channel at full screen, at high speed and quality....... it's finally available to play movies on wii through the pc, without need to burn or waste dvds!!!

awesome, it's a great update for wii and orb!!! :)

Yeah; you should be able to watch youtube.

However, several websites wields the power of the latest flash players and therefore, you cannot play it until wii sends out an update for the Wii.

There are still a lot of website which offers flash stream videos that are not up-to-date.

There might be something wrong with your internet, or your channel.

I say re-download the channel (for free since u bought it already)

and update your Wii

Back