Wikipedia.org

The bad part about this attitude that wikipedia is unreliable, is academic's lack of acknowledgement that actual texts may have factual inaccuracies too. For example, "Video games: a popular culture phenomenon" Written by renowned Arthur Asa Berger stated that Pokemon was created in the 1970's. Likewise, an academic book entitled "From Barbie to Mortal Kombat: Gender and Computer Games" didn't actually have a Mortal Kombat character on the cover, but instead a character from virtua fighter.
0262531682.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Ha ha, those books don't sound liberal as crap. :lol:

BTW: using MY definition of liberal. As previously discussed, there should be a disclaimer that you might interpret said comment differently than intended.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
you dont hate me do you?!?!?!?!?
Loose, you're not an authority figure, you're a woman...
@(o_õ)@

Last edited:
Gymdawg said:
Yep, right in your second X-chromosome.

damn, no love for the jill-ster i see......ok i see how we roll.....

dont make me whip out the BAN CARD! :gasps!!!!:

;)

wikipedia is fine with me, except for game news, well, actually any sort of meda new is horribly unreliable. but academic stuff has always worked for me on wikipedia

Brawny said:
Ha ha, those books don't sound liberal as crap. :lol:

BTW: using MY definition of liberal. As previously discussed, there should be a disclaimer that you might interpret said comment differently than intended.
Why should they be "liberal"? Just because it is part of academia? There's still a whole snobbish thing about computer games because "they're not art". Just like there's snobbish stuff about Hollywood because that isn't "art". As if only "art" can be properly appreciated. But heck, I know you were trying to crack a joke! :D

Part of the reason that academia might be considered liberal today is because there are people writing in academia from all sorts of backgrounds. Besides, the mainstream hardly listen to anyone in academia, unless their findings suit their purposes. Much like in the scientific community...

Nice links there dark :lol: :)

The 'wanker' article is funny, ''the wanker' gesture' picture is so funny! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Its like beenin a kid again
Getin a dictonary and looking for the word PENIS

Last edited:
Back