Will Some Wii U CoD: Black Ops II Players Have an Advantage?

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-4-picture10642-wii-u-cod.JPG

VentureBeat writes today that it’s possible that Wii U owners who opt to play Call of Duty: Black Ops II using the GamePad, which is out today, on their Wii U, which is not due for release until this coming Sunday, could have an advantage when playing the multiplayer game. VentureBeat says that this is because when playing a multiplayer game on the Wii U, you will be able to use the tablet screen to see enemy and friend movement across the entire level map. This is in contrast to player on other platforms, who will only have access to a minimap in the left-hand corner of the main screen, which will only show friends and enemies that are near to your location, rather than showing the whole level. VentureBeat does note that as Black Ops II is not a cross-platform game, you will only get to enjoy the advantage when playing other Wii U owners who have opted not to use the GamePad tablet controller. And why would anyone do that? I hear you ask! Well, VentureBeat says that it actually found it quite hard to play the game with the tablet controller as opposed to a traditional controller, so there will be those who prefer to play using Nintendo’s Pro Controller for Wii U. You might not get the extra mapping, in that case, but going by VentureBeat’s comments, you’ll still have an easier gaming experience than if you were wielding the heavier and more difficult to hold tablet.

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/12/w...age-in-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-multiplayer/

A full map view, eh? Anti-air will be more important than ever, as will be Counter/UAVs. Makes me wonder how this'l affect the metagame. I can imagine snipers havin' some extra viability on more open levels, what with the fact you can pinpoint someone's position across the entire map.

... Not that I should even care, since I don't play CoD. :lol:

Back