Will This Adapter Work?

STKR

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2007
I've had my Wii for several weeks and I'm ready to get online. I was actually ready on day one, but my computer is old. At the moment I'm running 98SE and my next computer (a Dell), which I'm supposed to be getting in mid to late June, will run Vista. My question to you guys is if this adapter will work for the Wii. It supports 98SE and I'm hoping it will support Vista as well because I don't plan on buying anything else. Thanks in advance. Here is the link:

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...ode=344134&Pn=54Mbps_Wireless_USB_2_0_Adapter

I'm looking for something cheap and low profile since my Wii is the only thing that will be using the connection. I'm the only tech person in my house and even I haven't crossed into the realm of Wifi yet. My brother is getting a DS in late June as well. We're dedicated Nintendo fans:yesnod: .

Not sure. How much more would I have to spend? I'm really just looking for a cheap was to connect the console to the internet. :aureola: Why would a router be better? Please keep in mind that I have very little knowlege about wifi :smilewinkgrin: I was really hoping that it'd be a plug and play kind of thing, but from what I have read on the internet, people seem to be having problems.

Last edited:
Back