Chicagoan

Official Breeder.
Mar 16, 2007
Chicago
Wii Online Code
0990-1391-2473-1732
I found something:

Source from h ttp://www.3dvsystems.com/gaming/gaming.html said:
How often do you get surprised playing a new video game? Well, not as often as you should. Indeed, graphics have improved immensely over the past few years, and
have made new games look neater. Graphics make a difference. And yet, how much of a difference?
3D Image & Body Gesture Recognition Applications for Gaming The key to making a real difference in the gaming experience lies in the control. Sony acknowledged that,
and launched EyeToyTM. Microsoft followed with their own camera, VisionTM. Nintendo took it a step further, introducing WiiTM. But the revolution is still around
the corner.

In 3DV Systems, we have taken a state-of-the-art next generation 3d imaging technology, originally used in advanced defense systems, and transformed it into an affordable consumer device that will revolutionize the way gaming is experienced. For the first time ever, you can use your body freely to control games, no wearables required, no limitations attached. Move your hand, leg, head or finger, in any direction and setting, moving quickly or making fine, minor movement - all these gestures are easily detected and understood by the system, creating a unique personalized and immersive gaming experience. This experience is complemented by the ability to combine your own 3D image inside the game scene, in real-time.

This seems awesome, and other than video games, you can do whatever and learn whatever (as the system can catch your movements and correct you if you do a wrong move)
Also, you can do gymnastics and if you do something, this system corrects you...

I do not know if it will be a new console or a company will get it. It will be fair to be purchases / associated with Nintendo, as they took Wii's Idea, and also, Playstation and XBox have their own one...

If Nintendo can't get this toy, I just hope that Micro$oft won't get it either.

Take a look at this (11 mgs)

http://www.3dvsystems.com/gallery/movies/Boxing Mix No MX.mov

Last edited:
Not sure how this would work in an apartment with people walking around, tables in the way, dogs and cats etc etc. Its a nice idea but I doubt it would work well in a real world games application.

The PS3 is not about gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks. That's why they are competing with ITunes, Second Life, web tv. Don't forget the Eye Toy doesn't come with the PS3, along with the memory card adapter to allow you to import PS2 saves into the PS3. The sales say it all.

Last edited:
This sounds fun, but extremely impractical.

Imagine trying to play mortal combat or something in a small room!

Also, to fat people and the disabled, this would be useless

Sorry, but from that video, that looks even more gimmicky than the Wii's terrible boxing game.

He threw punches like he was Rocky Balboa, and for every five punches he threw, it registered, what?... One?

More or less, dunno... I saw it pretty good... anyway the graphic sucked but the game was a prototype.

No, I don't think this will kill the wii. This is only the normal evelution of motion sensing tech I expected ever since I saw the wii. It will be either Sony grabbing this for their next machine or Nintendo is negotiating with this company right now to impliment this tech into their next console.

yea, that will definatly KILL the wii. I mean did you see that guy, I wanted to be that guy. that was the most amazing video I have ever seen. remember when he was boxing, oh man that was too much. and the art design in that boxing game looked beautiful. I cant wait till there is a flying game, and you spread your arms like an idiot and flap around the room.

sagema said:
The PS3 is not about gimmicks, gimmicks, gimmicks. That's why they are competing with ITunes, Second Life, web tv. Don't forget the Eye Toy doesn't come with the PS3, along with the memory card adapter to allow you to import PS2 saves into the PS3. The sales say it all.

what are you talking about? the PS3 competing with Itunes, Itunes has a 7 year jump on the market. with like billions of people. I think they got into the wrong competition on that one. and the sales say it all? if that were true the PS3 needs to be on life support right now cause nobody is buying it.

It MIGHT give the wii a run for it's money, but won't kill it.

[MEDIA]http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1920421/2/istockphoto_1920421_sledge_hammer_on_white.jpg[/MEDIA]

THIS, on the other hand...

Back