Will this put my Wii online?

Citnarf

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2007
My friend has a thing he said i can borrow and its like a USB thing that plugs into your PC and then goes to a little box with 2 aerial things on it... (im not sure what its called so i cant get a pic) but it has the words WiFi on it.. will the Wii like this or not?

I don't have a wireless router, and apparently the WiFi USB sticks from nintendo no longer work?

It may, but you'll have to set it up.

Dig out the manual for it and start reading.

i think it will work because i dont have a wireless router and i use a USB thing and it works perfectly fine but it is a little slower but it works even on online games

I had a similar question on that. Is it this?

EC.NIN.RVLATRS2.JPG

Yes, that is it. I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. You need to run on Windows XP though. (I use my dad's computer since I have Vista). The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector works fine.

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
Yes, that is it. I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. You need to run on Windows XP though. (I use my dad's computer since I have Vista). The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector works fine.

well I got one yesterday and I can't get mine to work. I tried it on a laptop running XP and a desktop running XP. The laptop was literally a foot away from the Wii so there would be no interference issues or range issues.
I set the channel on my router to both 1 and 11 to try both, I followed the instructions in the USB connector manual to the letter. I even turned off my firewall and antivirus completely to try it. I am connected to my ISP (Verizon DSL) on the computer I have the connector plugged into.

What in the world am I missing?!?!?!

I am ready to return the connector.

I keep getting a 52240 error which means it can't reach the internet.

If you have a wireless router, why are you using a wireless USB adapter? That is for people who don't have a wireless router and so need to route the wifi connection through their PC and then the wired internet connection on that PC.

sremick said:
If you have a wireless router, why are you using a wireless USB adapter? That is for people who don't have a wireless router and so need to route the wifi connection through their PC and then the wired internet connection on that PC.

It was a last-ditch effort to get connected. I tried for a week to get connected via my wireless router and had no luck. I kept getting errors. So I tried this.
I have read all of the FAQs and documentation and have tried all of the setup on my router, but still nothing.

Citnarf said:
My friend has a thing he said i can borrow and its like a USB thing that plugs into your PC and then goes to a little box with 2 aerial things on it... (im not sure what its called so i cant get a pic) but it has the words WiFi on it.. will the Wii like this or not?

I don't have a wireless router, and apparently the WiFi USB sticks from nintendo no longer work?

The WIFI dongle still works, I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, if it isn't, then this is what you need to get, but I'll asume it is what you're talking about.

When you borrow it from your friend you will need the disk to install it, so make sure you get that from him, but yeah it should work with out any problems.

Yes, that's the Nintendo Wi-Fi connector, and yes, with Windows XP it works....works pretty good, I used it for the first 6 months with my Wii, but honestly, doesn't hold a candle to a regular wireless router connection....I haven't had one issue/connectivity drop since I went that route.

Rio38 said:
well I got one yesterday and I can't get mine to work. I tried it on a laptop running XP and a desktop running XP. The laptop was literally a foot away from the Wii so there would be no interference issues or range issues.
I set the channel on my router to both 1 and 11 to try both, I followed the instructions in the USB connector manual to the letter. I even turned off my firewall and antivirus completely to try it. I am connected to my ISP (Verizon DSL) on the computer I have the connector plugged into.

What in the world am I missing?!?!?!

I am ready to return the connector.

I keep getting a 52240 error which means it can't reach the internet.

All right, digits are good. Okay, now.. Like I've said in a previous post, because I was helping another guy out, you have to search what the digits are.. Here, I'll give you think link.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/index.jsp
Okay, enter your 5 digit numbers. After that, it will tell you what the problem is, and how to fix it (if they can). If not, try calling Nintendo.

Btw, Sarasota.. Lol, you live like.. 1 hour and 45 mins away from me. :p I went to Sarasota likeeee.. a month ago :)

Back