Wireless Connection

Solidopc said:
I just did the cmd promt thing suggussted above, and my ip address isnt set to what is advised. How do i change it to the one thats good for the wii?

That might be my problem.

I'm guessing that your Wii connects to the Net/Shop channel when your laptop isn't switched on. That's the only reason I can think of why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't...if you're saying your wireless configuration isn't set up using the router IP of 192.168.<>.<>. Sounds like, as I mentioned above somewhere, that it's configured using your ISP's IP address...this will cause problems when trying to access the Net from the Wii..again I'm only guessing since I can't see it.

To be honest tho, it would be best that you call the manufacturer of your router to take you through the steps involved. It's fairly simple, and it would be quicker than talking you through it on here. Just tell 'em your problem and that your wireless setup isn't configured through the router.

Just out of interest...what is the first numbers shown under your Local Area connections then, when you do an IP config? i.e. <1st>.<2nd>.<3rd>.<4th>.

what about getting game saves(or online roster updates if avaliable) how do i do that?

torontowii said:
what about getting game saves(or online roster updates if avaliable) how do i do that?

As far as game saves go; have read over pages 35 to 37 in your operations manual to bring yourself up to speed..it's all in there.

Not sure about the roster updates tho....find a way for the game to update itself through the wireless connection.

yo i got the same thing, when i search for a point i get one then when i tests the connection it messes up?!?

Back