Would it be possible to create a learning AI?

Shmible

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
I think that would be very interesting. They would have the lvls 1-9 difficulties and have a learning AI (lvl 10?) that was capable of learning its opponent's strategies. Not that you'd really need it because the game's almost guaranteed to be online, but it was just an interesting thought that occurred to me.

^Its possible, but not right now. I would expect it in about 3 generations.

It will be an amazing step in video gaming history.

Or we could have downloadable Ai upgrades, SSBB can have periodical Ai upgrades on WiiWare

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Its possible, but not right now. I would expect it in about 3 generations.

It will be an amazing step in video gaming history.
it could be done already on ps3/360/pc

^To what extent?

Would they really offer any more of a challenge then a pre-programmed opponent?

well first you would have to play like 20 games and then once it learns your most common moves it would set it so when the buttons are pressed it would counter with an attack that is stronger. so yeah i guess its pretty easy if its in that kinda text.

I think that it will be a nice touch to some games, especially fighting games. The Shopping Channel, or a new channel, can be used to deliver these download-able AI upgrades. Good thinking.

although not a fighting game, Pro evo 2008 will have enhanced ai were the computer adapts to your playing style and techniques. source: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813753p1.html

heres the info:
As for the game itself, the big on-pitch difference between PES 2008 and last year's game is the introduction of Teamvision, which is essentially a posh name for enhanced player AI. In Konami's words, your opponent "adapts according to an individual's style of play", meaning the AI team will pick up on regular attack patterns and change their tactics accordingly. In practice it's quite subtle; playing as France, our preferred route of attack was to run it down the wing and then drag the ball back into the box where Henry would be waiting to slot it into the top corner. While this method worked the first few times (not always successfully we might add - there's no such thing as a guaranteed goal in Pro Evo) we noticed the full backs began tracking our runs more closely, reducing the chance of a decent cross being whipped in.

not 3 generations away, although this is a football game and not a fighting game :)

Back