Would this mix of 360 stuff work?

Happy

Dobedobebo
Dec 9, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
0710-2343-2773-8881
Well last week I bought a premium console from PC World which turned out to have a massive crack in it, but as it was their last one I had to get a refund. But as I was scanning through eBay to see if I could find a bargain I saw someone selling an american 120gb hardrive for £120. So I checked the US eBay they were selling them for around $135 which is about £67. So my idea was to buy the core version for £160 then a 120gb hard drive from eBay.com for £70 which adds upto £230...which is cheaper than the 360 premium and the extra space would sure come in handy.

But I'm not entirely sure that an american hard drive would work on an English console, or if the core version only accepts 20gb?

Thanks in advance.

Happy :wink:

But I'm not entirely sure that an american hard drive would work on an English console, or if the core version only accepts 20gb?

i'm pretty sure it would be fine.

at the end of the day, even though we use a different voltage to our
american friends, the innards of the 360 are nigh on identical.

as for the core only accepting 20GB? that's be a pretty dumb move by
M$ as they would be potentially alienating a lot of potential buyers of
the new 120GB drive.

my only concern would be of warranty. if the drive goes tits up, you'll
have practically no comeback.

it might be wise to contact the seller first and ask what their stance is
on returns and/or warranties.

Thanks for response. I'm pretty sure that 360's hard drives are made to last, but if worst comes to worst it isn't a great deal of money. The seller says that you have to return it within 30 days of payment.

Back