Wouldn't it be cool if Capcom...

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Remade Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, and 3 for Wii using Resident Evil 4 over the shoulder style. With more zombies, new guns, bigger maps so it wont be too short of a game.

that would be cool....but they made Umbrella Chronicles already...which has almost all the story lines of each game

yeah it would be cool..

specially if they re-make the graphics and make it look like RE4 or better

i'd love that too. however, Capcom wouldn't want to remake a mass of games on top of the stuff they are up to at the moment. They have the risk that it won't sell. In effect, if it doesn't go well, they could end up bust and that would be the end of capcom and resident evil forever.

i would buy them though :)

Not a bad idea, but I'd much rather have Resident Evil 5 on the Wii somehow then have upgrades for 0,1,2 and 3 personally.

Since I have a 360 it doesn't bother me much. I mean better graphics is always nice. Aside from the fact that its fun as hell aiming with the Wii-mote. But what I dont like about RE5 is the fact that Umbrella Corp. is finished and there are no more zombies. The whole Umbrella Corp. and the T-Virus outbreak was a great story. It was the only downside in RE4 also, though Las Plagas was a cool enemy too but it lacks the "uncontrollable" factor of them going out of control killing anyone in its path. Its in a way kind of like fighting aliens now. But Capcom still had that horror survival which made it still great. But nothing beats Zombies+T-Virus+Umbrella Corp. Which is why I would love to see RE 0,1,2,3 remakes with RE4 style.

Replay thorw them
AGAIN ?

I think ill just stick to the Gamecube versions

so... ruin the rest of the REs with RE4s god forsaken 'survival horror' formula?

no.

T3kNi9e said:
Since I have a 360 it doesn't bother me much. I mean better graphics is always nice. Aside from the fact that its fun as hell aiming with the Wii-mote. But what I dont like about RE5 is the fact that Umbrella Corp. is finished and there are no more zombies. The whole Umbrella Corp. and the T-Virus outbreak was a great story. It was the only downside in RE4 also, though Las Plagas was a cool enemy too but it lacks the "uncontrollable" factor of them going out of control killing anyone in its path. Its in a way kind of like fighting aliens now. But Capcom still had that horror survival which made it still great. But nothing beats Zombies+T-Virus+Umbrella Corp. Which is why I would love to see RE 0,1,2,3 remakes with RE4 style.
what?! there was survival horror in RE4? did we play the same game?

Last edited:
Sovieto you know its just you when RE4 is said to be Gamecube's best game, One of Wii's best game (Wii's best in my eyes) and wins lots of Game of the Year awards. Not to mention you can see capcom is starting to use the over the shoulder again with RE5. I played the older RE's and RE4 is my favorite by far. There's nothing like being swarmed by enemies and having to pop off heads, or shoot there knees and knife them to death. Much better than the older RE's in my opinion. RE4's sound was good and the music was great. Like a reviewer said before "The way Resident Evil was meant to be played." Which btw, RE was first being developed as a FPS when they first started it.
Here's what is said about RE4 on wikipedia

Resident Evil 4 has garnered critical acclaim. It has received dozens of awards from various organizations (see below) and stellar reviews from various video game websites.[3]

The Nintendo GameCube version was released in the United States on January 11, 2005 with U.S. sales exceeding 320,000 copies in the first 20 days. The European release on March the 18th mirrored this success, selling its entire 200,000 unit allocation within the first month. As of January 2006, reported sales of Resident Evil 4 show that it has shipped over 3,000,000 copies world wide. Sales totals include the PlayStation 2 port that was released on October 25, 2005.[4]

The game was considered by critics and fans as a top contender for 2005's Game of the Year. The game was a successful crossover hit as the new gameplay alterations and immersive style appealed to many not previously familiar with the Resident Evil series.[5]

According to January 17, 2007 sales figures provided by Capcom, the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 has sold a total of 1.6 million units worldwide, while the PS2 version has sold over 2 million units.[6]

Both the GameCube and PS2 versions of Resident Evil 4 scored over 95% on Game Rankings[7] and reviews were 100% positive on Rotten Tomatoes,[8] two review aggregator sites. Nintendo Power also gave it a perfect 5 out of 5, and named it their 2005 Game of the Year. It also ranked #2 on their NP Top 200 list (featuring the best games ever on Nintendo consoles), behind only The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine named it the Game of the Year for the PlayStation 2 . Game Informer gave both editions of Resident Evil 4 a perfect score, and ranked it their 2005 Game of the Year. It tied with Kingdom Hearts II as Famitsu's Game of the Year 2005.[9]

Subsequently, Resident Evil 4 was named "Game of the Year" at the 2005 Spike TV Video Game Awards.[10]. Also, the G4 TV show X-Play, named it the greatest game since the beginning of the series in April 2003 and gave the GameCube version a 5/5, the PS2 version a 5/5, and the Wii Edition a 4/5.

Recently in 2007, Resident Evil 4 has been ranked as the 2nd best video game in history by the EDGE magazine only after The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

In the December 2007 issue of GamesTM, Resident Evil 4 was voted by readers the greatest game of the last generation, beating Shadow Of The Colossus and Halo: Combat Evolved into third and second places respectively.

In Gametrailers.com's "Top Ten Best and Worst Videogames", it was rated the 10th best.

In 2007, Resident Evil 4 was ranked 10th on IGN's Top 100 Video Games.

So if you think RE4 was ruined your one of the very SMALL handful of people who think the same way.

T3kNi9e said:
Sovieto you know its just you when RE4 is said to be Gamecube's best game, One of Wii's best game (Wii's best in my eyes) and wins lots of Game of the Year awards. Not to mention you can see capcom is starting to use the over the shoulder again with RE5. I played the older RE's and RE4 is my favorite by far. There's nothing like being swarmed by enemies and having to pop off heads, or shoot there knees and knife them to death. Much better than the older RE's in my opinion. RE4's sound was good and the music was great. Like a reviewer said before "The way Resident Evil was meant to be played." Which btw, RE was first being developed as a FPS when they first started it.
Here's what is said about RE4 on wikipedia

So if you think RE4 was ruined your one of the very SMALL handful of people who think the same way.
very small handful of people? HA. try thousands of true RE fans. ever went to a fansite or something? you get mocked for saying **** like i love the movies and omg re4 was the best in the serieszz.

not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but i dont care how critically acclaimed it was, it wasnt an RE. there was no survival, there was hardly any horror, and puzzles for my 10 year old female cousin. also, wheres your proof that RE was meant to be a FPS? i never heard of that and FPSs werent really big on the ps1.

if re4 was called Shoot 'em Spanish Freaks and under the Third-Person Shooter category itd be a great addition to capcom's arsenal.

I think Umbrella Chronicles was a very good game even though it was an on rails shooter.. for me RE 0 to 3 is done with REUC

Lets go to the future with RE5 and with the hope that it is available for the Wii. RE4 and REUC have been top sellers for Capcom in the Wii system, and it is the #1 selling console in the world so, they should do a version for the Wii and it will be a top seller

I think they have already milked this series for all its worth, It's about time for them to move on from these few games and create a new Resident Evil legacy for the next generation.

Sovieto said:
very small handful of people? HA. try thousands of true RE fans. ever went to a fansite or something? you get mocked for saying **** like i love the movies and omg re4 was the best in the serieszz.

not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but i dont care how critically acclaimed it was, it wasnt an RE. there was no survival, there was hardly any horror, and puzzles for my 10 year old female cousin. also, wheres your proof that RE was meant to be a FPS? i never heard of that and FPSs werent really big on the ps1.

if re4 was called Shoot 'em Spanish Freaks and under the Third-Person Shooter category itd be a great addition to capcom's arsenal.

To say fansites would mock me for saying that is bs. Ive been to RE fansite forums. There are always a few who like the older ones because they have the sense of Nostalgia. But when RE4 beats the older RE's in reviews everywhere its not a fluke.

Sorry if the older RE's werent scary. RE4 wasnt SCARY it had some horror in it, more than the original RE's. I didnt find a game that barely had any enemies and almost all of them moved really slow and could be evaded. It did have more Survival because of the fact that it was better to run than to shoot in most scenarios. But that just made it boring. Not that the game was actually boring, but that part of it was... I would have rather the game had more ammo/kerosene and fight more zombies than to spend more time running around the zombies than fighting. Not to mention you didnt get to actually aim since it was just auto-aim. Puzzles were too easy yes I agree, they need to up the difficulty on it on RE5, then again the other resident evil's didnt have challenging puzzles either.

The proof that it was supposed to be a FPS... I can't actually show you because its in a book made by capcom called "The True Story Behind Biohazard" (Resident Evil = Biohazard in japan) made in 1997. But you can search the internet and find out youself.

highroller said:
I think Umbrella Chronicles was a very good game even though it was an on rails shooter.. for me RE 0 to 3 is done with REUC

Lets go to the future with RE5 and with the hope that it is available for the Wii. RE4 and REUC have been top sellers for Capcom in the Wii system, and it is the #1 selling console in the world so, they should do a version for the Wii and it will be a top seller

Dont think it will happen since its only been announced for Xbox 360/PS3. You have to remember this is Capcom not EA, they're not money grubbers. I doubt the fact that Wii is selling alot more will make them want to port it just for money.

Its possible they port over a cut down version, but the chances are slim. Not many developers would release an extremely cut down version for another system. Unless you're EA.

Back