Wow

We shouldn't rely on a BUY IT NOW market. It's lunacy. We should rely on long term sales. Indiana Jones the movies have sold more than 900 million copies world wide. They didn't sell that in a single day. I have seen scores of great games flop badly on launch. People have lives and they should change the system to something more practical. Like $30 games. They drop $20-$30 in a single year anyways.

(unsure if this is a great game)

i see what your saying but for this game to be so hyped and to get a response like that is realy a smack in the face. Maybe the wake up call is starting to happen. I mean its been out for like a week now and you realy havent heard any thing about it. Then you take mario galaxy when it was released over there and it did extreamly well and you had previews and articles about its launch over there for the whole week. I know wii fit was released over there this past week and still havent heard how its doing. hopefully thats not a sign its not that good.

Last edited:
I feel bad for them. They just spent 2 years of their life programming this game, fixing every little detail, working over times, and no one wants to buy it.

No idea if the game is good or not, but I love the artstyle. It's rare I praise artistic side for game because most look the same, but this one feels different.

Hopefully itll do better in America.

Wait, since when do sales number mean anything? Remember Scarface movie? It bombed at the box office but is one of the best movies made. I'm waiting for american reviews, japanese reviewers seem to be biased and rate japanese higher than usual and rate american games lower than usual. I want to see what americans think, specifically Game Informer, but that wont be for a while.

does it actauly matter what happens in sales. if you like it then you get it.

and arent most japanese gamers into rpg games?

jimbo said:
does it actauly matter what happens in sales. if you like it then you get it.

and arent most japanese gamers into rpg games?
Actually, it does matter what happens in sales. One of the primary reasons for no 3rd party support on Gamecube was because of sales.

Take Eternal Darkness, Killer 7, etc. Awesome review scores, all under 500k sold I believe.

If a game doesn't sell, you're not likely to get another one like it.

Honestly, I would have been more surprised if it had actually sold well in Japan. It really looks like a Western-style game that could easily fit into the 360's library.

Western-style game + Japan Sales = S.O.L. ... and you know what that means.

ye but like the first day dosnt determine if a game sells alot. it could sell millions but if japan gamers arent into it then it up to the rest of us to see what the game is like.

edit:meaning sales dont affect if the game crap or not

since when have japan enjoyed games like this? if it isnt an RPG japanese customers dont get much thrills. Not being stereotypical here, but the japanese market is known for liking RPG's alot more.

BTW young blood, why are you always the bearer of bad news? whenever there good news, its never from you. I see your a nintendo fan, and youd probably brand yourself as a realist, right?

Thought so. My friend is similar. well i got news for you. Your not a realist, your a pessimist. Theres a big difference, and you need to stop looking for bad news.

yungblood6 said:
i see what your saying but for this game to be so hyped and to get a response like that is realy a smack in the face. Maybe the wake up call is starting to happen. I mean its been out for like a week now and you realy havent heard any thing about it. Then you take mario galaxy when it was released over there and it did extreamly well and you had previews and articles about its launch over there for the whole week. I know wii fit was released over there this past week and still havent heard how its doing. hopefully thats not a sign its not that good.

In Japan:
Wii Fit sold more in its first two days of release than Mario Galaxy did its entire first week. Also, Mario Party 8 sold more its first week than Mario Galaxy. If anything, the Mario Galaxy sales in Japan have been a bit on the low side, although still selling very well.

T3kNi9e said:
Halo 3 did better than all of those games and I rather play Resident Evil 4. WHO CARES ABOUT SALES!

Didn't halo 3 only do really good in sales for 1 week. After the initial sales, the game as been selling at a sub-par pace.

Back