Xbox elite

ocdan said:
that even adds on to it, the only movies I ever consider renting are b-horror movies my friends and i watch about every so often, so yeah, more towards my point

Ocdan, I love B-horror movies. I was wondering if you have any recommendations.

Some of my favs:

Satan's Little Helper
Santa's Slay
Feast (maybe B+ horror movie...but still awesome)

The only reason I might consider getting it is because my current 360 is broken even though I've already sent it to Microsoft before.

Plus, I like the black.:cool:

paintba||er said:
The Elite doesn't have WiFi. The only differences are color, HDD, and HDMI. So if you won't use that much HDD space and you don't plan on using HDMI then I would just go for the Premium.

^^ thanks... i've looked into it anyways... and i don't need HDMI... apparently it looks the same as component anyways... (only the extremists claim to tell the different :eek:ut: )

and the Xbox premium is £280 inc Gears of war and crackdown...

is that a good deal?

the wi-fi adapter is £55 from play.com... so i'll get one from there ^^

and if i want a 120GB hard drive i can aways get one later off play.com when they come out

I have got a small question. Does the wifi adapter for the 360 work the same way that the nintendo wifi usb connector?

prstud88 said:
I have got a small question. Does the wifi adapter for the 360 work the same way that the nintendo wifi usb connector?

nope... it's basically an Xbox version of a wi-fi card or USB dongle for a PC... it connects through your wi-fi router or can link to a ad hoc network (wireless pc to pc network)

It's expensive though! £55 from play.com

£46 off ebay...

it's ridiculous

---

My DS doesn't work through my router... :mad:... it says it's got some kind of security feature the DS doesn't understand :S

my wii does though... i though they used the same protocols....hmmm...

anyone with an elite wanna trade for a wii :lol:

it'll come with (lets see beat zelda in december havnt seen a good game in almost all that time) ehh about 5 months of dust on it

:crazy:
i'm giving it till christmas... then i'm going to LITERALLY go FPS on my wii, these games are starting to blo

LyricistSoldier said:
anyone with an elite wanna trade for a wii :lol:

it'll come with (lets see beat zelda in december havnt seen a good game in almost all that time) ehh about 5 months of dust on it

:crazy:
i'm giving it till christmas... then i'm going to LITERALLY go FPS on my wii, these games are starting to blo

Sounds like a personal issue. I'm still playing my Wii each and everyday. But I'm also getting a XBox 360 Elite. They both have excellent games IMO and I look forward to playing all of them.

I have a quick question though about internet connectivity. So If I have a Wireless Router how do I connect my XBox 360 to it? Would it require some more extras? And how much do they cost? I know it comes with an Ethernet Cable. If I didn't want to use Wireless would I just connect it from the XBox to the Router? However I don't know if I like the idea of a cable running across the floor.

MasterJedi2U said:
Sounds like a personal issue. I'm still playing my Wii each and everyday. But I'm also getting a XBox 360 Elite. They both have excellent games IMO and I look forward to playing all of them.

I have a quick question though about internet connectivity. So If I have a Wireless Router how do I connect my XBox 360 to it? Would it require some more extras? And how much do they cost? I know it comes with an Ethernet Cable. If I didn't want to use Wireless would I just connect it from the XBox to the Router? However I don't know if I like the idea of a cable running across the floor.
you have to buy a wireless adapter 90-100 usd (its a quality one, almost = to the signal strength of a wire, in other words, its a gaming wifi reciver)
and yah youll just connect the wire to the 360

Sovieto said:
you have to buy a wireless adapter 90-100 usd (its a quality one, almost = to the signal strength of a wire, in other words, its a gaming wifi reciver)
and yah youll just connect the wire to the 360
Yeeeah you're kinda unlucky that you have to get an adapter. My computer/router is right next to my TV :] so I'm pretty fortunate and can save my £50.. you might be able to get a cheap one off eBay mind you.

MasterJedi2U said:

personal issue my :ciappa:

proof its not just my own personal issue.. link to an article on this very forum

wii is fun... yes... should it be your only system hah that doesnt even deserve an answer

i thought i'd get by with only a wii... yeah i'm getting a 360 elite too bro... and i'm shure once u start to play yours... your wii is gonna get a bit dusty too :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------------------

as far as that wireless adapter for the 360... if you have a laptop near where you will keep your 360 and that laptop gets a good strong wireless signal. I suggest you dont waste $70 on a wifi to lan adapter for your xbox... instead do what i've been doing with my original xbox. Buy a crossover cable and plug each end into your laptop n xbox. Then go onto your computer for you windows people and bridge your wireless and lan connections together. That'll make your laptop act as a wireless adapter for your xbox.

anyhow works for me... wont work if your lappy is on the go all the time but hey... if the idea helps it helps

Last edited:
Back