yellow tinted touch screen on black ds lite

joffa81

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
i bought a black ds lite and have noticed that it has a yellow tint on the touch screen and was wondering if this is normal or is it a defect ?????

thanks

joff

hmm i would say it is a defect since i have a black ds lite and mine works perfecto and so does all my friends

thats the point it works fine the touch screen calibrates fine and reacts to the stylus fine its just on a white screen it looks a creamy yellow colour the black one is on the left and white on on the right

Attachments

• dstint1.jpg
    dstint1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 654
Mine is like that as well - I've seen it on a few people's black DS's as well so I don't think its a defect :).

yeahh maybe its just the lighting in the bottom screen......... if you want ill trade u my (old scratched up) Nintendo DS u know cuz im a nice person =) lol

hey

gh05t said:
yeahh maybe its just the lighting in the bottom screen......... if you want ill trade u my (old scratched up) Nintendo DS u know cuz im a nice person =) lol

lol ...

gh05t said:

i dont think you are a nice person i think u are a stupid numpty but thats my opinion.

i wouldnt trade it for anything but i would get it exchanged if someone could clarify if it was faulty or not.

My DS (not lite) had and still does have a Stuck Pixel.

I don't care, its only 1 blue spot on the top screen hardley visible... Like me, if it
dosent affect your gaming, don't worry about it.

You are not alone sir, mine is the same way. The bottom screen only has a slight yellowish tint on it...i got mine at toys r us in times square(on 01/03), and i am currently trying to get them to reserve one out of the next shipment, but it seems that they are denying my request. They will refund me my money though...which doesn't help my DS Lite endeavors.

Mine is a polar white DS lite though btw.

Last edited:
Just called Nintendo and called them out on this, and they said that the touchscreen is a different type of screen and that it is "expected" to sometimes be different (Grainy, hazy, yellowish tint). But that doesn't mean that they won't try to replace the screen. I was told 7 days to get me the shipping label, and 7-12 days to get it returned and back to me. so looking at 20 days or so to get the yellowish tint fixed...hoping the retailed gets some DS's back in stock before I chose this option.

Back