Yo from Philadelphia

dsdavis

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A.
Wii Online Code
4221-9039-0966-9591
Hi,

My name is Doug, and I live in Philadelphia.

For about a year, I'd been hearing about the Nintendo Wii and it sounded pretty neat--like a console that I might actually consider buying. Something I could enjoy along with my wife and 4 year old, even.

I hadn't actually played one, nor shopped around for them, though.

At Christmas, I was at my sister's house, and she and her husband had purchased a Wii for their 8 year old son (and the whole family). I got to play it, as did my wife, daughter, parents, aunt, etc. After that I knew I wanted one! The only thing we played was the bowling, but it was *SO* much fun.

I've been checking wiitracker.com pretty much every day for the last couple weeks (since coming back to work after a two week holiday break/vacation), and for the most part there were *never* any available anywhere. Occasionally a "bundle" would show up, but that included a bunch of games I might not want, plus it was usually at least $400 and sometimes as much as $600 - $700. The console alone is $250.

Yesterday, there was finally some action on a $250 unit. Sears (sears.com) had it in stock...then out of stock...back in stock...back out of stock....in..out...etc. I didn't manage to get one.

But last week I was on my way to my barbershop to get a haircut and stopped into the EB Games that's a couple doors down. To my surprise, he said that occasionally they *did* get Wiis in stock, and had even had some just a few days earlier. So I called Monday, Tuesday, and today. Today he said they had one (said he had more than one, in fact). He said they couldn't hold it. So I raced out of my office and to my car. Drove over there as quickly, yet as safely, as I could. They still had one! It is here in my office now! (Couldn't leave it out in the cold car!)

I didn't get the extra controller or numchuks, or anything else--so there'll still be an additional expense, I suppose.--but I'm SO excited! Not only can I enjoy the Wii, but now I can stop trying to get one which was a bit of a hassle!

welcome to wiichat! you'll get allot of good info here. before you buy games or accessories you can see which name and models are work well!

and you can build a profile page!

Back