Your opinion on the Wii

Pros: Its the Nintendo Revolution, controller is fun, its "for everyone", inexpensive comparitively, backwards compatible, looks good and comes with a game!

Cons: A bit of a week launch (no online gaming, no browser and small VC lineup), no Rare on VC which means no Golden Eye, some games make you look retarded when you play and take effort. I feel Zelda would be pretty much as excellent with a regular controller. Controllers are damn expensive.

I could make a very long list but those are my main points
Hope that helps.

con of the wii: services... nindento will be making money off services!

pro's: the online system that they use (or at least i mean... will be using)

Pros: Wii sports is fun to play by yourself or with Friends
Some good Downloadable games (Golden Axe)
After about an hour you get use to the Wii remote
Cons: Red Steel is harder than I thought to control meaning the game is not as fun as if it was on a regulor remote
Wish there were more online things you could do right now but when they come out it there'll be sweet.

The wiimote needs two more action buttons so developers could do more. Other then that it's a great system and I love it. Needs more games at to keep the moment going. Mainly a good FISHING GAME!! :yesnod:

It's fun as hell, it's inexpensive enough for just about anyone to buy. It's an awesome 'party' machine AND an awesome solo gaming device. Highly recommended.

On the other hand, their online system, while free and fun, needs some updating and changing. The method of adding friends is tedious and much too big of a pain the ass if you ask me. Also, they need to create some sort of way to earn 'Wii Points' by accomploshing things or by achieving certain scores or goals or something, like on XBox Live.
Getting old NES games is fun, but theres no way I'm gonna shell out 10 bucks for every N64 game, or even 8 bucks for the SNES games.
If they did something like give you, say, 20 Wii ponts for hitting all 10 home-runs in the Wii Sports baseball challenge, then people would have an incentive to keep playing, and to do their best, and they'd get something in return. It wouldn't be enough to fund all their VC purchases, but it would add up and help a bit over time, making the whole concept more worthwhile.

Aside from that minor quibble, the Wii freaking rules and everybody whose seen it or played it themselves has been thoroughly impressed and wanted one of their own. :)

Back