Zach & wiki / Super Monkey Ball wii impressions

Chris23

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2007
Hello again guys,

I would just like to see what your guys opinions on these two games are. I wanted to pick up a game sometime later today but Im not sure which of the two. I have heard good things about both Zach and Wiki and Super Monkey Ball wii. However I hear that Zach and Wiki is very short with little re playability and Super Monkey ball, by fellow fans of the series such as myself, were rather disappointed with the wii installment saying it lacked depth and had a poor sound track.

Input is greatly appreciated

Well one thing worth noting about Super Monkey ball is that it was a release title. It is dissapointing for a couple reasons, but considering its only 30$ retail now, its worth the money if you've got friends to play with. However as a one-player game, it will get boring fast.

Zach and Wiki I have not played, but I have heard nothing but good things. But thats not a multiplayer game like monkey ball.

I think you should ask yourself, are your friends around enough to make monkey ball worth it, or do you play more often by yourself, in which zach n wiki would be a better choice.

honestly, if i had a lot of friends who were down, i would get zak and wiki, because then you can all sit around and try and solve the puzzles. monkey ball even with the mini games is a sub par experience in my opinion, some of the controls take some getting used to which i dont really appreciate considering they are mini games, even if this was a launch title. the single player bordered unplayable for me, because as boss time came i was DOA. zak and wiki is supposidly very challenging but if you are down for a solid title which is a good challenge, then go for it.

i haven't played monkey ball, but i do have zack and wiki and i think it's awesome. It's kind of a throw back to those old adventure games like space quest, king's quest, monkey island, but it's a little more streamlined. For example it's not just one big adventure, but instead it's divided into "levels". Each level is a big puzzle in which you have to figure out how to get to the treasure chest. To do this you interact with the environment around you. It requires a lot of trial and error.

Also, not to be stereotypical, but it is EXTREMELY japanese. Very cute, yet very nonsensical. If you're looking for an adventure game with an intricate storyline, this isn't really the game for you. But, if you're looking for a brain challenge with puzzles that are difficult to solve, then by all means you should check this one out.

I have not yet finished the game, but i would assume that once you go through it once, solving the puzzles seems trite, so i don't really think there would be much replay value. However, you could always strive for 100%.

Personally, I have both and I think monkey ball controls are lame. The mini games would be fun with multiple people.

I'm definetely going to buy Zack and Wiki, it looks like a great game made by one of the best companies for videogames, and it's original and not a remake or anything like that, and even though point and click games aren't my thing, I still am interested in this one. Monkey Ball on the other hand: no.

I rented Monkey Balls a while ago, and didn't really like it at all. From what I remember, the controls were pretty crappy.

wow....i'm going to say the opposite of all these people, i have super monkey ball:bb, and i think it's great, it's definitely in my top half of wii games(i have 17)

It is really hard, and it's fun if you have a friend over, and you're taking turns, and seeing who can beat the level first.....

I did have Super Monkey Ball and thought it was ok. It did start to get a bit hard around level 9 and the camera dosent help much. Most of the mini-games are rubbish but there are about 50 to choose from. Its worth it if you can pick it up for below $30.

I dont have Zack & Wiki yet but its on my Christmas list. From everything i have seen and heard it is the better game and Capcom deserves to get the sales for making a good game on Wii. Buy it and support decent third party games on Wii.

i haven't played either of them. but when i went to toys r us to purchase some games two different people that worked there (both really into video games) told me how good zack & wiki was. one of them even mentioned how hard it had gotten fairly early in the game his exact words were "out of all the puzzle games i've even play this one is probably one of my favorites, i even had to use the help button which i've never had to do before"

like i said i've never played either of them but i'd go with zack & wiki

Zack and Wiki all the way; its hands down probably one of my most favorite games on the Wii and I am not really one to like its specific genere. The puzzles are really involving and it gets really fun difficult! a wonderul challenge.

Another vote for Zack & Wiki. Purchased it a week ago and it's great. It was one of the first games I made sure to pack for when I go home for the holidays.

Yeah Monkey Ball's not that good except with friends. Even then it gets boring...

I would stay away if I were you.

Back