Zelda Twilight Princess playable demo at E3!!

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Wow im so excited about this news!!

The guys over at joystiq have posted up a ton of info regarding the Zelda game.. here are the highlights:

• Zelda: TP will be released for both Gamecube and Wii day and date with the Wii's Q4 launch. This will be two different SKUs, not one game with dual functionality.
  • An on-screen fairy serves as the Wiimotes targeting reticule; you point, she floats.
  • Use the nunchuck to control your spin-attack and perform a badass thrust attack.
  • Link's targeting system is handled using the Z button while forward swing is handled using the B button.
  • The Wii's internal speaker will deliver "depth of sound" with weapons like the bow (and presumably the hookshot and boomerang).
Man that sounds so awesome, the biggest news though has to be Nintendo unveiling a playable tomorrow for tomorrow! woooow!

Zelda: TP will be released for both Gamecube and Wii day and date with the Wii's Q4 launch. This will be two different SKUs, not one game with dual functionality.

I don't like that at all....unless nintendo finds a remedy for the shortage of consoles the first day (unlikely that i'll have enough money to get one anyway, even if they do) I more than likely won't own a wii for a while and don't want to buy the game twice

Hmm, wonder how the sales would go if it's for both Gamecube and Wii.

Oh man, I'd love to try it out, haven't played Zelda since Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I think the only problem would be with the controls. If the controls feel natural then there's no reason not to get the Wii version.

Last edited:
Hmm, wonder how the sales would go if it's for both Gamecube and Wii.

Honestly, anyone who manages to get a wii on release date will prolly buy it for the wii, everyone else will prolly be split on playing it then for gc or waiting for a wii

Sounds pretty good... I just hope the Wii's controls are optimised for our entertainment, it will be a critical factor in influencing the gameplay and the experience of the interaction.

phimuajedi69 said:
Honestly, anyone who manages to get a wii on release date will prolly buy it for the wii, everyone else will prolly be split on playing it then for gc or waiting for a wii

I'm going to have to make sure I reserve a Wii for myself. I already of Twilight Princess on reserve.

Uh... What's SKU?

N-E-Way... I Love The Shield Shove Attack! A New Attack To The Zelda Line!!!

Sheild Shove? Now THAT is news to me! That sounds awesome. The only attack I want to see stay from WW is the Parry Attack...that one was great! I'll be having the game on the Cube...my funds are being saved for a new acoustic guitar...mine bit the dust:(

Back