2 wiimotes, different sensitivity

sch2412

tennis pro :)
Jan 2, 2008
a big hello & happy new year 2 everyone :)

too bad my 1st topic is going to be a "problem one" but i googled my ass off the last few days and nothing smart came out. here's the deal. i got my wii a week ago & installation & stuff went all fine. as my girlfriend became a big wii sports fan i decided to buy another wiimote... and now here's the kinda unique problem. the new wiimote is way too sensitive. the difference between the new one and the standard that came with the console is huge. sports like tennis or boxing are playable but when it comes to baseball or golf it gets pretty bad. it responds to every tiny movement so putting the ball into the hole from a short distance is nearly impossible. making a slow tilt shoots the ball miles away. it's actually fun when playing tennis cuz u smash the ball pretty hard every time :lol: i tried everything. resync the controlers, replug everything, replace batteries, swap id's (1st, 2nd remote) nothing happened. wii os has only major settings for sensitivity, u can't individually set up the wiimotes. i even tried a test on wii-first-timers to see if they would notice the difference and everyone pointed out the new wiimote. games or menu, it's way to sensitive. can anyone help me? :sick:

Wii_Smurf said:
In the Wii settings theres a 'Sensitivity' option, Have you tried that?

That doesn't affect the motion sensor aspect of the remotes (just the pointing). And it's system-wide, not per remote. Plus he mentioned that in the original message.

It sounds like possibly one of the remotes is somewhat defective. Call up Nintendo customer service and see what they have to say about it.

Seems like the remote just has problems ide just buy a new one.
p.s maybe sell the demented one lol:lol:

i tried the sensitivity option, even positioning the sensor bar below the tv - same problem. there's just one more thing. the wiimote that came with the console is the new kinda type with the strap lock. they started selling it a few months ago. the one i bougth a few days after is the old type don't know how to call it with the normal strap. don't get me wrong, evrything is working, buttons, motion sensor but it's to sensitive. maybe the new wiimotes are less sensitive because of the complaints about some games being unplayable. i really don't know. i found an article about the wiimote hardware and how it's working. u can manipulate the sensitivity and button settings by writing them into wiimote memory. maybe it just needs recalibrating. i'll try to get a new one from the store where i bought it. it's not a cheap thingy after all :D

If you call Nintendo and explain the situation, it's likely they will replace it for you.

Back