Wiimote acting up

DUM said:
So Sorry if this isn't in the right place. Mods move if needed.

Ok, so I bought the Wii, started it up and everything worked fine. I messed with the channels and such, wiimote is responding just fine.

So I popped in the Wii Sports disc and noticed a problem:

* I can't swing the racket in Tennis, I can throw the ball up to serve by pressing 'A' but cannot swing at the ball.
* I can't swing the bat in Baseball, my player is already swinging the bat, is that supposed to happen? I have not tried pitching.
* Bowling works just fine.
* When Boxing I can only punch/maneuver with my left hand (the nunchuck), my wiimote does not respond at all.
* In Golf I can use the d-pad and 'A' but cannot swing the club at all.

There is nothing obstructing the sensor bar, there are no strong light or heat sources, I have tried it on two TV's above and below each, and have resynced the remote twice to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, that would be great.

Thanks!

I had the exact same problem and I thought my remote was broken. I took out the batteries for a while maybe an hour then I put them back in and followed the sync instructions and worked fine. Don't know if taking the batteries really does anything but that is what worked for me.

Last edited:
easy fix!!! Hold the wiimote in one hand w the buttons facing up... Now slap the top of the wiimote as if you were clapping... one time should do it... (losens up the lodged acceler whatever u call its)

Link_of_Hyrule said:
Kotaku actually recommends spanking your wii remote if its not working he speaks the truth.
Bad thort when i read that... Can't wait until someone "Spanks" their Wiimote too hard and like a button come out and cant put back in :)!

i get the same problem with all games 2day it workes in menus and ingame like wii sports and zelda but u cant swing your sword with the remote but still can use the moving fairy ingame.... the wii sports swings constantly in baseball but in tennis u cant do anything...

Back