360, the last true gaming?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Mmkay, just wanted to post this here. I've been thinking, the 360 is the only one really not intuitive on the control side. But 2/3 are, 1 is based around it, and the other is half/half, while the third is none. Anyone else think the 360 will be the last console to use old school (true because its the original type) gaming? Will the next generation be all motion sensing/something else? Or might the 360 keep to old school and attract that market who dosen't pefer motion sensing. (like me) What do ya think?

Sovieto said:
Anyone else think the 360 will be the last console to use old school (true because its the original type) gaming?
The Xbox360 doesn't use "the original type", the original would be the D-pad controller from the NES. The Xbox360 uses the analog sticks predominately, so from the way you're looking at it, the original type is already dead. Of course, even the NES used alternate forms of movement via the light gun.
Personally, I think the newer forms of control only add to the gaming experience. I don't care about "original types" or whatever, a game is a game.

Last edited:
Gymdawg said:
The Xbox360 doesn't use "the original type", the original would be the D-pad controller from the NES. The Xbox360 uses the analog sticks predominately, so from the way you're looking at it, the original type is already dead. Of course, even the NES used alternate forms of movement via the light gun.
Personally, I think the newer forms of control only add to the gaming experience. I don't care about "original types" or whatever, a game is a game.
you obviously dont get the **** what im talking about, eh? Aye.
original, as in not motion sensing or some other ****ed up ****, and really, original would be a joystick and a button if you wanna go there..:wtf:

and vagrant, they didnt rush to get their system out a year before sony/nintendo, they rushed to get it out months before the ps3, which then got delayed

Sovieto said:
you obviously dont get the **** what im talking about, eh? Aye.
original, as in not motion sensing or some other ****ed up ****, and really, original would be a joystick and a button if you wanna go there..:wtf:

and vagrant, they didnt rush to get their system out a year before sony/nintendo, they rushed to get it out months before the ps3, which then got delayed

Which in no way takes away from my point.

vagrant said:
Which in no way takes away from my point.
it does, because it was only against 1 system and only a matter of months
it dosent take away from the point they did rush it, but it does take away from the others

Sovieto said:
it does, because it was only against 1 system and only a matter of months
it dosent take away from the point they did rush it, but it does take away from the others

But that wasn't my point. When the 360 started developement, at that time, it would have been impractical to have an hddvd player. As it apparently is now even according to the ps3 sales.

vagrant said:
But that wasn't my point. When the 360 started developement, at that time, it would have been impractical to have an hddvd player. As it apparently is now even according to the ps3 sales.
Wrong. The PS3 comes with a Blue-Ray player, not an HD-DVD. It's completely different. For example, Blue-Ray is designed for the sole purpose of watching japanese hentai, whereas an HD-DVD player can play real movies. Those innovative japanese kids, what will they come up with next...

(^if you can't spot the joke just end your life now)

Gymdawg said:
Wrong. The PS3 comes with a Blue-Ray player, not an HD-DVD. It's completely different. For example, Blue-Ray is designed for the sole purpose of watching japanese hentai, whereas an HD-DVD player can play real movies. Those innovative japanese kids, what will they come up with next...

What are you talking about....I said it was impractical for Microsoft to release the 360 with an hddvd player....

Gymdawg said:

I really am rolling on the floor laughing my ass off on that one. :thumbsup:

Hells yea said:

You have to check for hidden messages before posting dumb replies...

Gymdawg said:
[/B]
i would have said exactly what vargrant said, are we missing something?

Would it be at all possible for Microsoft to release newer versions of controllers with motion sensing that would be supported by new games... if they found that was really a crucial part of the market they were being hurt by.

I'm not saying it'll happen or that people wouldn't be pissed off

On a side note, have any systems ever released updated hardware that made older hardware useless/less valuable? Only thing I can think of is update chip for N64, but I believe it wasn't required for any games.

Gymdawg said:
[/B]

I got the joke, you just put words in my mouth that I never said and clearly misunderstood what I said.

Back