A couple of Wii questions?

kiniki

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hi all.

I have a few questions that I haven't found any answers too yet.. although a couple may have been covered I thought I would just ask them in one place.

1: What is maximum size SD card that the wii supports?

2: Will there be DVD support in the future or does the Wii not have a DVD drive?

3: Does the Wii play Music CD's?

4: I have a few import GC games, will the freeloader work in the Wii as it does in the GC?

5: How do you zoom in the Opera browser? (question for a friend who has a wii already)

6: What format are Wii game disks? Are they CD's, DVD, or some kind of 'Special Nintendo Format'?

7: Is there any truth that the "European Star Points" can be converted into Wii Points?

Sorry for the barrage of questions!

1: What is maximum size SD card that the wii supports?

2GB is the maximum capacity for SD card wise.

2: Will there be DVD support in the future or does the Wii not have a DVD drive?

It's rumored in the long run they will come out with it, for more questions like this, use the SEARCH feature.

3: Does the Wii play Music CD's?

No it does not play CDs at the moment, but if you do have online access via Wii, you can listen to music such as www.soundclick.com or even your myspace.

4: I have a few import GC games, will the freeloader work in the Wii as it does in the GC?

It has been tested on Wii systems, and the answer is yes that the Freeloader does work on the Wii but for the Gamecube games only. There has been rumors going around upon a Wii version of the Freeloader being released sometime soon.

5: How do you zoom in the Opera browser? (question for a friend who has a wii already)

The plus and minus buttons on the remote. On the start screen of the opera, it gives instructions, all he has to do is scroll down a bit.

6: What format are Wii game disks? Are they CD's, DVD, or some kind of 'Special Nintendo Format'?

They're not DVD roms, nor CDs. They are 12 cm, which is a bit wider than a CD. So I can't give you an actual term for it.

7: Is there any truth that the "European Star Points" can be converted into Wii Points?

I highly doubt it, but I'm not in Europe. Your best bet is to ask Nintendo or visit their FAQ section for more information.

Back