A new xbox console?

Gikoku said:
There is no Halo 4, and never will be.

And Bioware has already planned for the last two releases in the Mass Effect trilogy to be made for the Xbox 360.

Obviously a new next-gen Xbox is in the works, but it won't see the light of day until sometime around/after 2012.

There will be a Halo 4, It mighten be called Halo 4, but Master Cheif isn't dead. I know it, Thats like having a game with Mario and Killing Mario. Microsoft wouldn't kill their biggest money maker. The Halo series is not over, Its far from it

Gikoku said:
Bungie had stated that even though they are no longer under the ownership of Microsoft, Halo is still owned by Microsoft. And Bungie have said that even with that, they'll still release Halo games with the same/better quality as before.

Alot of other people seem to look at the Bungie & Microsoft split as though they had an argument and just split on hatred or something, thus resulting in the demise of the Halo franchise and name. But they split on good terms, and are still partners working together, so there's nothing to worry about.
I know Halo is still owned by Micro$oft. That's why I said it wouldn't be the same without bungee

kronau said:
the 720 is sapposted to come out 2010-2012 from what i heard thats a more realistic date
And if it cameout 2009 you'd be crapping your pants now wouldnt you..?

Like i said before....your entitled to your own opinion...*also point blank.....i said it above....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE GAMING WORLD....

zurukea said:
There will be a Halo 4, It mighten be called Halo 4, but Master Cheif isn't dead. I know it, Thats like having a game with Mario and Killing Mario. Microsoft wouldn't kill their biggest money maker. The Halo series is not over, Its far from it

As much as all Halo fans would love to see a Halo 4. It just isn't going to happen. Halo was a trilogy, if it's designed to be a trilogy, then you don't make plans for a fourth installment.

That's like the Wachowski Brothers releasing a fourth Matrix movie because Neo is still alive in the 3rd movie.

There's alot of trilogy tales out there where the hero is still alive to set himself/herself on a brand new adventure at the end.. but that's how some creators feel they should end the tale, let's people speculate and wonder "what would happen next?"... doesn't necessarily mean there's going to be a next installment in the main trilogy.

No, The story line may change a little but Master Cheif will be seen again. Maybe some kind of game that takes place before Halo one..........lolz

If their were a new xbox "ultimate" its not really a slap in the face. Unless microsoft started making new games using HD DVD's. Which I doubt will happen. They dont even use file cacheing on exclusives to make sure everyone gets the same experience. And if they did make new HD-DVD games, you can buy the external drive.

To me "Xbox 360: Ultimate" is exactly what it is. A rumour, I hope...

zurukea said:
No, The story line may change a little but Master Cheif will be seen again. Maybe some kind of game that takes place before Halo one..........lolz

That I believe is what they're planning to do with Halo Wars. Thus wouldn't require them to release a Halo 4 (only to fill in the back story for the Halo trilogy).

Unsure of the time Halo Wars is based on (before Halo 1, or in between all 3 Halos)

T3kNi9e said:
If their were a new xbox "ultimate" its not really a slap in the face. Unless microsoft started making new games using HD DVD's. Which I doubt will happen. They dont even use file cacheing on exclusives to make sure everyone gets the same experience. And if they did make new HD-DVD games, you can buy the external drive.

Microsoft have already confirmed that there is no "Ultimate". But it would be a slap in the face for those who have already purchased the 360 Elite, which is supposed to already be the "Ultimate" 360 package.

Last edited:
CyanRussel said:
And if it cameout 2009 you'd be crapping your pants now wouldnt you..?

Like i said before....your entitled to your own opinion...*also point blank.....i said it above....ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE GAMING WORLD....

come on anyone could say that but like everyone else said its only been out for a liitle over 2 years. it takes like 4 to make one. come on get real

Probably it has a DVR or >.> *gasp* they are making it with a blue-ray drive? D=

miiwiiwii said:
come on anyone could say that but like everyone else said its only been out for a liitle over 2 years. it takes like 4 to make one. come on get real
Hmm, i see and Xbox Arcade, i see a Xbox 360, Xbox Halo Edition, And a Xbox Elite.....Doesnt take too long to make one.....

Back