AC Adapter - 110-240V ?

victor

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
I bought a US Wii, but I live in Europe. I'm wondering if the AC adapter will take 220V like most switching power supplies? I know it says 110V on the adapter, but there are many devices that list just the voltages for the countries they are sold in for UL and validation purposes. Has anyone tried plugging their US 110V adapter into a 220 socket?

dont plug it straight in!

someone posted on here how they did and fried their wii..

my uncle got his wii in the US, using it in the UK with an adapter, with no problems.

try and avoid cheaper adapters if possible, if you care for your wii..

you need to use a transformer, i have a US wii in europe.

i bought a dual voltage power supply on ebay and it fried within 10 minutes.

Hi jaybadass
Sorry for my english (I'm french).
I'm looking for an adaptater for my 220V/50Hz wii power supply because I'm going to brazil soon and the electrical power is 110V/60Hz in Rio.
I was going to buy a dual voltage power supply on eBay just like you did but you seem to say that it's just a piece of sh**.
So I was just wondering how was your US wii in europe with this 220V->110V transformer because i've learned that european 50hz is bad for 60hz electronics equipement?

I have had no problems with the transformer in the UK. it works great, unlike the crappy AC adapter i bought of eBay. I hate buying electronics from Hong Kong on eBay, this is def my last time doing that.

only problem i have with 50hz on my 60hz elecronics is the clocks do not work properly, i gain 10 minutes every hour! but i chucked my VCR so don't have to worry now.

jph.guichard said:
Hi jaybadass
Sorry for my english (I'm french).
I'm looking for an adaptater for my 220V/50Hz wii power supply because I'm going to brazil soon and the electrical power is 110V/60Hz in Rio.
I was going to buy a dual voltage power supply on eBay just like you did but you seem to say that it's just a piece of sh**.
So I was just wondering how was your US wii in europe with this 220V->110V transformer because i've learned that european 50hz is bad for 60hz electronics equipement?

Last edited:
Back