Actually, I'm more sick of you....

penguinphil

custom user title
Dec 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
3599-7437-7191-4055
Too many posts I read have the same people screaming something about Noobs and searching, and posting ridiculous pictures.

I believe this is a online forum, you know, a place where you can go to talk about things, and ask questions. Yes, I can search for the questions I have and go back into the archive of posts, but isn't this a place where people are constantly posting all day? What's so horribly horribly terrible about having to answer a question MORE THAN ONCE?

you should be happy about being able to help people new to gaming, or the wii, or just to the forum.

It just seems to me that many of the people are here to try to be cool and popular and above everyone else. They are above helping people getting their Wii online, or telling someone when a game is going to be released. They want everyone to see how they called out the person for asking a repeat question first. They want rep and to get 10/10's in the "how would you rate me" thread.

You don't belong here if you are too good to help someone. People aren't coming here and trying to ask the same questions again and again. If someone doesn't know how to change their signature, and is looking for some help, just help them. Doesn't it take the same amount of time as scouring the internet for stupid pictures to bombard them with and make them feel unwanted here?

Get over yourselves, really.

its not so much that we "yell" at people for posting a subject more than once.

you need to consider the fact that usually when you search for things, you get a faster responce. ALSO some of the questions get SO repeative its not even funny.

ever search for "blue disc light" and see how many people ask questions on "omg is the blue light suppost to stay on all the time?!?!?!?"

or "omg theres like this yellow light and like what does that mean?!?!?"

those are 2 of the most repeative questions here. normally if a member wants to do "right" they would direct the member to the search box and show them the threads that have already been answered.

phil, dont take a few bad apples accountable for everyone else who does the right thing here. its not fair and it makes all of us look poor.

if you see that a member is acting wrong, report.

not only annoying, but rude and immature. Not everyone can come to the forum and comment on the movesets improvements of captain falcon from the first smash bros to melee. Believe it or not, some people don't know what controllers they can use for the VC, and just because you told one person, it doesnt mean everyone knows. And the forum isn't an archive or a library, it's a place for live discussion. Those repetitive posts will be answered and then fade away as more popular posts keep getting new posts which bring them to the top of the thread lists.

but let me ask you this

would you rather be bombarded with "stupid n00b" comments for a "stupid n00b" question or would you rather just search because you know its a question that was probably already asked?????????????? which would be faster and which would be easier????

use the report button if this aggrivates you

the search button is a great resource, and so are the people on this forum. I don't understand what makes it ok to bombard new people with comments aimed at making them feel completely stupid and alienated, but it's not ok to ask a question that might have been asked 2 weeks ago, or 2 days ago.

ok because thats what i thought you were implying. i thought you were saying that you were against the whole "search n00b" thing. never mind then

so bottom line youre just tired of the attacks members are making on n00bs for n00b behavior correct? well, again you have to do one thing and one thing only. notify a mod by using the report button. go into detail on who the member is, what they are saying, how you preceive it to be and how we should put an end to it.

thats the best advice i can give you on solving the n00b lashout

i appreciate what you're saying, i really do, but i'm not out to try to get everyone banned or warned, that just makes people angry. I'm just trying to get people to understand that they can't just alienate every new person who comes to the forum just because they've been here longer and know more about things.

penguinphil said:
the search button is a great resource, and so are the people on this forum. I don't understand what makes it ok to bombard new people with comments aimed at making them feel completely stupid and alienated, but it's not ok to ask a question that might have been asked 2 weeks ago, or 2 days ago.
But if they are really thick the only way to make them use the search button and not make idiotic posts and stuff is to flame. I will usually just tell them to search or something, but if they keep doing it then you just have to flame them.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ok because thats what i thought you were implying. i thought you were saying that you were against the whole "search n00b" thing. never mind then

so bottom line youre just tired of the attacks members are making on b00bs for n00b behavior correct? well, again you have to do one thing and one thing only. notify a mod by using the report button. go into detail on who the member is, what they are saying, how you preceive it to be and how we should put an end to it.

thats the best advice i can give you on solving the n00b lashout

hehe b00bs, bad type

but seriously for all people reading this

HOW HARD IS IT TO BE "oh it won't harm your wii, but for the future could you please use the search engine"

well i know that post(with please and what not) is to kind for the internet, but you guys can post something of the like

but really the only thing that bugs me is that, when people brag about information but it's already been posted two times that day OR

someone puts two peices of information and people flame them for one of those peices of information being known the day prior

you don't have to flame anybody. Unless they are spamming for no other reason to get attention, people aren't joining the forum to annoy everyone. So they didn't search about whether their wii will overheat, what's the big deal about answering it?

It takes one person who knows the answer, which is more and more by the day, to answer the question. Then that thread falls down the list as other threads are responded to more and more. Soon that thread is gone from the first page, then the second, and so on.

It's like if I go to the library and am looking for a specific book. I could use the computer card catalog, or I could just ask the librarian. They don't flame me there because I asked instead of searched.

We should be able to help everyone without making them feel stupid just to make everyone else think we are cool

i didnt think you were out to ban anyone. that was never the implication.

just use caution and notify a mod. we'll deal with whatever the circumstances may be for their actions

The term "trial by fire" fits this situation perfectly.

If the noob cannot take the heat perhaps he should stay out of the kitchen?

Its common knowledge that when you are new you don't start new threads. In fact many forums restrict new users to only replying to threads for the first couple weeks.

What was my point again?

Look at how I handled this new person http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/31645-d-link-dsl-g604t.html Repeat threads that are well written and not lazy aren't usually flamed.

"you know what they say- people in glass houses sink ships" - boondock saints

Back