Actually, I'm more sick of you....

But if they are really thick the only way to make them use the search button and not make idiotic posts and stuff is to flame. I will usually just tell them to search or something, but if they keep doing it then you just have to flame them.

It's alright to tell them to use the search button.. However when you go out of your way to flame another member you're no better than that person. Also as said above if it annoys you report the thread, don't go out of your way to insult someone for something so small as a question on how to post a signature.

As I have said before some members of this site tend to think too highly of themselves. They believe that just because they joined earlier or have a higher post count it makes them more "popular", which again is wrong. Everyone is equal.

Last edited:
-______________________________-

Why can't people ignore things...

ciper said:
The term "trial by fire" fits this situation perfectly.

If the noob cannot take the heat perhaps he should stay out of the kitchen?

Its common knowledge that when you are new you don't start new threads. In fact many forums restrict new users to only replying to threads for the first couple weeks.

What was my point again?

Look at how I handled this new person http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/31645-d-link-dsl-g604t.html Repeat threads that are well written and not lazy aren't usually flamed.

I agree you gave that person good information, and in a polite, mature manner. But you "handled" it? It sounds like infectious monkeys were invading, but thanks to your work as a mercenary, you "handled" the situation.

And your comment about "noobs staying out of the kitchen," just adds to the fact that it seems like you see new people to the forum as being almost "below" you.

penguinphil said:
And your comment about "noobs staying out of the kitchen," just adds to the fact that it seems like you see new people to the forum as being almost "below" you.

I dont think they are below me, they they are similar to me (look at my join date)! I like to give new members a hard time. If they handle it well then I'm happy to have them around. This is especially true if the person is a girl. If they don't keep their cool then I will continue to give them a hard time.

xXPinkXx is a good example. She thought because she was a girl she would get away with posting an unending storm of new threads on topics that had been covered many times. Others complained to her and she reported them to the moderator! This rubbed me the wrong way so I finally reported her crap to the_loose_cannon if I remember right.

ciper said:
I dont think they are below me, they they are similar to me (look at my join date)! I like to give new members a hard time. If they handle it well then I'm happy to have them around. This is especially true if the person is a girl. If they don't keep their cool then I will continue to give them a hard time.

What does it matter if it's a guy or girl?

and i like giving people a hard time too, but only when I'm actually with that person, and I know them and we are friends, and when I can actually see their reactions, because you can't tell how a person is feeling over the internet. You don't know what tone they would use if they said what they are typing. People are essentially alienating many people that come to this forum to talk about games.

I don't specifically single a girl out unless she uses her sex as an excuse for breaking the rules like xXPinkXx did.

Here is a great example of someone that bugs me. Follow the whole story -
WiiMyHomie posts a totally off topic question in this thread about changing his sig. vagrant gives him a complete walk through.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/31456-standby.html

He then asks the same question in another thread that is completely off topic SIX HOURS after Vagrant answered.
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/31663-wii-memory.html
Come to find out he is asking this so he can ask for REP in his sig!

In short, he threadjacks to ask for REP and ignores the people who answer his questions. That gets my panties in a serious twist.

You guys arn't going to try to change this Forum are? Because if you are, i would suggest you do it in secret because i found that to many people in this Forum hate changes...thats what happen to me last time, try to help but got bashed because i tried to make a Change..so just be careful with these kind of threads..might make people angry

Nobody was angry with you in your last thread...

I know I wasn't..neither was Cpt.McCloud..

The only reason the other thread got a bit out of hand is because some members turned to flaming each other.. also some members turned the thread into spam.. by posting stuff that didn't relate to the topic.

thanks for the advice demon slayer, I know what you mean all too well :wink:

but that's the thing, i don't care if people get made at me for calling them out, unlike them I dont care what everyone else thinks of me.

I don't search for the funniest "noob" pictures to post again and again so people will think i'm cool.

boy do i know about the fact that you guys hate "change" on here

seriously when i became a mod i was under extreme scrutany. it was a real horror show. finally all of you are starting to realize im not that evil dictator like some of you ive perma banned in the past :sick:

anyways, theres good change and theres bad. bad is letting the n00bs get the best of the site. good is showing them the right way to use the site

Syntax said:
Nobody was angry with you in your last thread...

I know I wasn't..neither was Cpt.McCloud..

So I don't know why you're saying that.
wii_cammy was and Shift was also..thats for sure...i really hated the pressure, i mean all i was doing is try to do something good for a change...

i believe we were all noobs, especially wii noobs, unless you personally helped design the Wii.

I don't understand how new people can get the best of the site

seriously when i became a mod i was under extreme scrutany. it was a real horror show. finally all of you are starting to realize im not that evil dictator like some of you ive perma banned in the past

tlc.jpg

tlc-1.jpg

That would be Vancouver, BC

Thus the Canucks Avatar :)

Back