All this trash talking about PS3 having no games needs to stop, it just came out!

Ps3's games line-up is far better than the Wii's. The Wii has Zelda, err......maby Paper Mario, thats it, dont say Mario Striker because that game is lame.

Well with Nintendo its its all about quality, even though thats bs from what they are saying here. With Sony its quantity, they dont care about the quality of games. Nintendo fans are such hypocrites.

Sony will come out with more games, then they will make more original titles and more things no ones ever seen and once again beat everyone with quality games.

Shiftfallout said:
since you seem to be selective in your news source, Home is currently being beta tested. You might have noticed by now, but Sony isnt really advertising projects in developement. They dont need to explain HOME more than they already have. And no, as a PS3 owner, they are not all downloadable games. Very few are, and feel free to head over to places like game spot, where the top rated Wii games are... *shock* virtual console titles that you *shock* download, and that *shock* came out years ago on an older platform.

The Wii is in the same boat. They have very few good games out right now, however the big difference is, do you want to play cooking mama or resistance fall of man? Anyone with a head on their shoulders can go to a game story, look at the wii selection and the PS3 section and say. "dear god, what a small selection for both. Now do I was some ulta cartoony semi kid games or do I want more mature and graphically pleasing games? Do I want simple gameplay, or indepth gameplay?" Thats what it comes down to.

The wii also attracts the cheap crowd, meaning, some of them will always hate what costs the most, even if its the best **** in the world. Welcome to the world of fan kiddies.

Do you wanna play Zelda or Mobile Suit Gundam?

What you don't realize Shift is the fact that all your arguments could be used for both systems. A game doesn't have to be graphically pleasing to be enjoyable. Games like Mobile Suit Gundam *lol* are fairly graphically pleasing except for one thing... the game sucks.

And in another post, you said something like.. "you dont recognize the wii's weakness"

but, for the most part (excluding nfanboy) EVERYONE KNOWS THE WII IS UNDERPOWERED. you dont have to keep bringing that up. and you dont recognize the ps3's weaknesses either. <--not just the price tag.

Last edited:
ps2 also had a rough slow start too but we all knew where that went...

give it some time.... go read a book, its summer time get off your lazy asses and go outside... and before you know it some decent games will be out.. hopefully for both systems..

XwiimasturX said:
Do you wanna play Zelda or Mobile Suit Gundam?

Once you have played Zelda OOT, you have played them all. Im sorry but untill they come up with a good zelda game... maybe something original this time, I wont want to touch it. Havent they heard of a sequel rather than a.. repeat?

Well thankfully there are a lot of happy go lucky mecha kids that did want to play mobile suit gundam, which is a BIG franchise in itself. Just as I am sure there is some tweaked up down sydromed kid who wants to cook with mama on cooking mama.

You still dont get it do you?

What you don't realize Shift is the fact that all your arguments could be used for both systems.

And have you ever thought, there is a reason I word things the way I do? I enjoy both systems for different reasons, but unlike you I dont lie to myself about the facts.

What you dont realize, XwiimasturbatorX, is that you are flipping out because you cant understand hidden humor, sarcasm and all that mixed with yes.. Facts. And .. yes... a message.

Do you deny the wii is in the same boat as the PS3 as far as launch titles? Do you deny that about 80% of the games are completely childish in appearance? If you want to game like you did on the SNES back in the day, you have to look not to nintendo, but else where because nintendo is not the nintendo of solid gaming anymore. Its about their own image now, not so much gaming. Its silly fun, not gaming fun. Thats not bad, if thats what you want, but get with reality. Times change, unfortunately fanboys do not. *points at you with a raised eye brow*

A game doesn't have to be graphically pleasing to be enjoyable. Games like Mobile Suit Gundam *lol* are fairly graphically pleasing except for one thing... the game sucks.

Ok here is a senario with for you. Lay a squishy turd in front of a kid and then lay a colorful piece of playdoh in front of him. Take a pick at which one he wants to play with more? If something looks like ****, and you have another choice that doesnt look like ****, then you cant help but be turned off.. by..the... ****. If you didnt get that, put a hot woman next to a blimpshaped bearded woman. We are an organism, like primates, that reacts mostly by sight. The image, the artistic creation and the progression that is inherrently expected in our cultures, all points to the importance of "graphically pleasing".
It matters.

As for Gundam sucking? What do you expect, it was a rushed out gaming using its franchise name to sell. Kind of like some mario games I can name. Zelda TP was a game they have been working on for a long time, since the game cube failed they held it off for the Wii. Developement time matters. Budget matters. Even then, Zelda is unispired and repeats all of what they have already done before. I'm not impressed by either of those two titles. Sadly, the Wii is relying on gamecube games as its bread and butter right now. They are simple in nature, very basic, and made for the ultra casual gamer with an attention span of .. 0. The PS3 will have its variety and the power to accomplish that variety to keep us image saturated kiddies, us old school gamers, pleased, while also offering a much needed breath of fresh air to this gaming industry.

And in another post, you said something like.. "you dont recognize the wii's weakness"

Things have their pros and cons. When you become selective and only admit the pros, and go into denile about the cons. Then we have YOU. A rabid fanboy who does not realize that gamers play for the games, not the consoles. Company servants go where the companies are. I will ask you, seriously, are you going to be in denile about it? Please go ahead and prove me wrong. You cant unprove a hard fact, but you might be able to alter a perspective, like how one might see you as an illogical fanboy.

but, for the most part (excluding nfanboy) EVERYONE KNOWS THE WII IS UNDERPOWERED. you dont have to keep bringing that up. and you dont recognize the ps3's weaknesses either. <--not just the price tag.

Apparently you havent been paying attention here in this forum. Selective reading is a bad habbit. No, not everyone knows the wii is drastically underpowered. Read around some more, but this time keep your eyes OPEN. You havent been here a few months back, when it was 20 times worse.

As for me not recognizing the PS3s weaknesses? I like how you assume what I recognize and what I do not. Let me ask you, have you read all 1,000 + of my forum posts? What? No? Again your selective reading is kicking in. I have layed out the PS3 flat on the table and said the good and the bad. Im sorry if you do not have the will power to go and read it. The PS3 actually doesnt have many weaknesses to be honest, it is the best built system on the market.

In fact, if you read what you JUST quoted me on, you would see how I mentioned the PS3s lack of strong launch titles. Hmmm wow, helps to read before making retarded statements in which the quote you quote nullfies your claim.

Nice try there though. A for effort, but an F for sounding retarded.:wink:

Shiftfallout said:
Once you have played Zelda OOT, you have played them all. Im sorry but untill they come up with a good zelda game... maybe something original this time, I wont want to touch it. Havent they heard of a sequel rather than a.. repeat?

Well thankfully there are a lot of happy go lucky mecha kids that did want to play mobile suit gundam, which is a BIG franchise in itself. Just as I am sure there is some tweaked up down sydromed kid who wants to cook with mama on cooking mama.

yeah i was a little disappointed that TP and OOT where almost like playing the same game with some different bosses but i mean it still was a decent game for something we've seen before... personally i think they went down hill after a link to the past.. that was the best one of them all.

yeah i bought cooking mamma... i just wanted a game and i knew i wouldnt get introuble with the wife if i bought a girly game... lol and i played it 5 minutes did a few things and that was it... the only time this sees game time is when my 4 year old plays it.... so that tells ya something there...
which in your analogy of a downsyndrome kid wanting to play cooking mamma is almost spot on... but my kid dont have DS lol.. nintendo DS (down syndrome)... haha that was lame.

so what they will release 380 games by christmas. Nintendo and Microssoft will also be releasing games maybe as much as that or more. Who says that those 380 games will be any good

Thechickenman27 said:
so what they will release 380 games by christmas. Nintendo and Microssoft will also be releasing games maybe as much as that or more. Who says that those 380 games will be any good

good point, but who says the games release by nintendo and microsoft will be anygood?

this is a never ending battle.

... am i defending sony :yikes:

Neither console has that many good games. The ps3 has better ones, but I will start playing my wii more soon. Im installing a mod chip today on it :)

You know whats more annoying that nintendo fanboys? People who start threads that complain about them. Who really cares what 5 year old kids say? Everyone knows the ps3 is a better console. The wii is ok for certain things, but it cannot compare to a ps3.

Wii is just milking it with all the old school games. i'm not saying that the old school games suck, but man, if i wanted to play old school games, i'd bust out my SNES (which i still own and have 15 games on it) and play that instead. It's a nice feature to have, but when I bought the Wii, i wanted something that blew me away. it's funny because Wii Sports blew me away but zelda tp didn't, the wiimote didn't impress me much on zelda tp and the graphics are dated. back in the day (2 or so weeks ago) that i THOUGHT the Wii was a Next-Gen system. apparently, it is not, after coming here on the forums and reading about the system.

it's a dated system.

the PS3 is not. and it is by far the most technologically advanced console on the market right now.

and guess what? blockbuster chose blu-ray for all high def movies and kicking hd dvd in the balls.

the only reason a console will fail is because it doesn't have the games that the mass majority would play. as of right now PS3 has a week line of games. and the wii doesn't?

nintendo has always been mario, zelda, and pokemon. dude, please bring back killer instinct, that was such a good fighting game.

arcticreaver said:
Wii is just milking it with all the old school games. i'm not saying that the old school games suck, but man, if i wanted to play old school games, i'd bust out my SNES (which i still own and have 15 games on it) and play that instead. It's a nice feature to have, but when I bought the Wii, i wanted something that blew me away. it's funny because Wii Sports blew me away but zelda tp didn't, the wiimote didn't impress me much on zelda tp and the graphics are dated. back in the day (2 or so weeks ago) that i THOUGHT the Wii was a Next-Gen system. apparently, it is not, after coming here on the forums and reading about the system.

it's a dated system.

the PS3 is not. and it is by far the most technologically advanced console on the market right now.

and guess what? blockbuster chose blu-ray for all high def movies and kicking hd dvd in the balls.

the only reason a console will fail is because it doesn't have the games that the mass majority would play. as of right now PS3 has a week line of games. and the wii doesn't?

nintendo has always been mario, zelda, and pokemon. dude, please bring back killer instinct, that was such a good fighting game.

the whole argument is that the wii is supposed to be "new gen" and not competing with "next gen" which i mean the wii mote is great but i think they shouldnt of skimped on the hardware... but like alot of others said nintendo lost their ass on GC and needed to make a quick buck.. i hope nintendo can up the hardware on their next system and keep the motion control. both the PS3 and Wii are lacking in games. the wii could be a good console just need the software to back it up but we are going to be limited on what the software can do due to the hardware. so basically if you own a wii and are expecting PS3 or 360 quality games you are in the wrong place.

i think the VC is great i lost my SNES and all my games a few years back in a move i know i can DL for free online but its kinda nice to have it on the console and for NES games i have like 30 or some in my room ill hook up.

JeremyGTS said:
the whole argument is that the wii is supposed to be "new gen" and not competing with "next gen" which i mean the wii mote is great but i think they shouldnt of skimped on the hardware... but like alot of others said nintendo lost their ass on GC and needed to make a quick buck.. i hope nintendo can up the hardware on their next system and keep the motion control. both the PS3 and Wii are lacking in games. the wii could be a good console just need the software to back it up but we are going to be limited on what the software can do due to the hardware. so basically if you own a wii and are expecting PS3 or 360 quality games you are in the wrong place.

i think the VC is great i lost my SNES and all my games a few years back in a move i know i can DL for free online but its kinda nice to have it on the console and for NES games i have like 30 or some in my room ill hook up.

nintendo is making a quick buck. i've never even heard of a new gen system till now. (maybe i'm not hardcore enough?) whatever that is.

the thing is that the Wii doesn't have the 3rd party support that it would like. and with the Wii being dated, there will be a limit to how much nintendo can market the console based on the wiimote since that is the only thing "new" about it.

first of all, it lacks things that other systems can do. we look at Sony and MS - they all support dvd play back. where is the wii? sure, it's just a game console, but these days, a dvd play is not a must-have, it's common sense, it should just be there without question.

with me, personally, after i got over the wiimote, i found that the wii isn't that impressive, it doesn't offer that much as a console itself with only a hand full of good games that are coming(let's just count games for Wii and no ports and no VC games).

that's not to say the Wii doesn't have good games coming, but compare their line of games to PS3, the PS3 has a better line of games with much more 3rd party support for their system.

looking at the Wii, to me it's more like a GameCube these days. really, what is the difference beside the wiimote? so i paid 249.99 for the wiimote but the system itself is a gamecube wanna be?

i don't have the PS3 yet, but just reading about the system is blowing me away.

let's not talk about the how much the PS3 is, because right now i'm talking about the system itself, i'm not talking about cost and prices. the system(PS3) *****-slaps the Wii 100x times and back hand slaps it another 100x in terms of technology. i would like to see someone say that the Wii is more advance than the PS3.

in terms of the games. okay. it's like PS2 when it came out. developers saying it's so hard to make games for it. okay, fast forward, PS3 came out and it's also hard. why? because it's NEW technology. yeah that's right, sony pushes the system and the developers to make games that they didn't think was possible.

face it the Wii is using old technology. so what does old technology bring for us? when the majority want the best of the best?

Back