All this trash talking about PS3 having no games needs to stop, it just came out!

Oops I forgot to mention this. Some of the same people who worked on EQ2 are making Home. Consider the success of EQ2 200,000 subscribers vs WoW's 9 million. Well... Home could be really good. I'm just getting that Vanguard hype feeling again. Oh Vanguard, how you got my hopes up. Someone make a good freaking MMO to dethrone WoW.

sagema said:
Oops I forgot to mention this. Some of the same people who worked on EQ2 are making Home. Consider the success of EQ2 200,000 subscribers vs WoW's 9 million. Well... Home could be really good. I'm just getting that Vanguard hype feeling again. Oh Vanguard, how you got my hopes up. Someone make a good freaking MMO to dethrone WoW.

you seriously fail at logic.

want to talk about vanguard, I actually had a chance to talk with Brad from EQ over the forums. Our discussion pretty much talked about how things led up to where they were. Meaning, Microsoft screwwed Sigil over and dropped them, SEO picked them back up and tried to fund them but unfortunately the game was released way too early. It wasnt even close to being done and tested yet. The game is still very amazing, yet very incomplete. Theres not much you can do when your publisher is squeezing your balls. But then you would like that wouldnt you.

Shoko said:
this is Shift's playground :lol:

=/ i thought adults, without kids & (), aren't allowed near playgrounds...

(perverts...)

lol

---

Shiftfallout said:
you seriously fail at logic.

Clearly opinion must be logic based :eek:ut:

lol

I really can't understand you... if somebody says something that isn't exactly what you want to hear it's wrong.

Opinion is not fact.

Opinion = Subjective (can be objected against, changed and is not proven e.g. Psychology is the most amazing science ever ^^ (Y))

Fact = Objective (Can be proven with empirical evidence or is common sense (e.g. 2+2=4))

He was simply using past examples to come to reasonable explanation... it wasn't fact.

Case studies, look it up... they only apply to one situation and can be applied to several situations, but are not always correct or accurate, to that situation but have a valid point to make/consider... we use them in psychology everyday!

Shiftfallout said:
Theres not much you can do when your publisher is squeezing your balls.

That must've hurt. Ever thought about suing him for sexual harassment?

i've heard of stupider things people have sued their companies over... i.e. Burglar sues his victim for being stabbed by knife (the victim didn't stab him, i think if fell off something or he tripped)... lol

Apparently you have to make sure 'guests' in your home are looked after properly and if they have an accident then you are liable... this will include burglars ... :eek:ut:

...strange world...

the_flood502 said:
=/ i thought adults, without kids & (), aren't allowed near playgrounds...

(perverts...)

lol

---

Dave and Busters, Strip Bars, Night Clubs... those are also play grounds. You think kiddy right off the bat, but it is anywhere someone goes to have fun.

Clearly opinion must be logic based :eek:ut:

lol

I really can't understand you... if somebody says something that isn't exactly what you want to hear it's wrong.

Opinion is not fact.

Opinion = Subjective (can be objected against, changed and is not proven e.g. Psychology is the most amazing science ever ^^ (Y))

Fact = Objective (Can be proven with empirical evidence or is common sense (e.g. 2+2=4))

He was simply using past examples to come to reasonable explanation... it wasn't fact.

So do you deny then that an opinion can be illogical? Ha, see I got you there.

If you bothered to read my posts in the past (not many seem to want to), you would find quite a few posts about how I go into the differences between fact and opinion, subjective and objective. Dont worry kiddo, I have a big ol degree. You seem to think your uber smart, and hey you could be, but your attempt to enlarge your epeen will utterly fail every time.

You are more than welcome to challenge me to a game of wits and logic, I welcome it, but if you are going to do so, think before you type.

kthx

Case studies, look it up... they only apply to one situation and can be applied to several situations, but are not always correct or accurate, to that situation but have a valid point to make/consider... we use them in psychology everyday!

That must've hurt. Ever thought about suing him for sexual harassment?

i've heard of stupider things people have sued their companies over... i.e. Burglar sues his victim for being stabbed by knife (the victim didn't stab him, i think if fell off something or he tripped)... lol

Apparently you have to make sure 'guests' in your home are looked after properly and if they have an accident then you are liable... this will include burglars ... :eek:ut:

...strange world...

And the rest of what you just said. Let me translate all that hot air.
"blah blah Look im trying to sound smart, this really has no purpose other than trying to make me sound smart. oh yeah my epeen is totally raging right now! blah blah blah... what was i saying again?"

That was the most pointless thing I have heard you say yet. You do seem to have more brain power than Sagema, which I really do congradulate you on. Its good to see some more free thinking individuals here in this forum, however it seems that you are just arguing for the sake of hearing yourself argue. Put that head to good use, and this forum can be filled with even better content, I trust you can do that.

the_flood502 said:
Point proven.

If things don't got the way you want them to... they're wrong...?

i am, in this case, not wrong...

If you read what i've put... if you're self-proclaimed 'smartness' then you should be able to understand it.

If you really do have this so-called 'degree' in opinion then how come you can't tell the difference? and/or accept anybody else opinion but your own?

again, you avoided the question I asked you.

CAN AN OPINION BE ILLOGICAL?

Go ahead, answer it because you know I was associating him comment with logic, not fact. I didnt dissagree on fact, I merely pointed out the lack of logic in his opinion. You know it, stop being in denile. lol

You obviously are incapable of understanding the English language... (oh, wait... you are after all you are USAmerican you can't even spell realised properly. Is spelling something with a 's' instead of a 'z' so difficult for you?)

You know whats really sad? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/realized
Realized is spelled with a Z. BURRRNNNN! You must feel really stupid now right? Dont take it so hard.

If there is a typo though, I have already said many times before, its just how I type. I think about how something sounds and it comes out that way, that tends to happen when you type fast. If this were a senior thesis, I would actually adjust it as so, considering its not, as long as you understand what my head is trying to put into words at 1829384 words a second, then its fine by me. Dee dee deee. ;-)

You are incredibly patronising... it's rather annoying... stop it.
*makes fly noise* bbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

All i can say is, touche.

You're also incredibly obnoxious and full of yourself... Grow up.
I love you too, but your bleeding all over the carpet. I suggest maxipads.

NB - I am not a 'Kiddo' (i don't care if it is USAmerican slang I consider it extremely patronising), as much as you would like me to be.

Slang is slang. If you feel patronised, then I apologize. Then again, have you ever bothered to look at what you type to others? I would point out the irony of you pointing fingers.

I am not 'making things up' or 'blowing hot air' next time i'll provide sources and type out sources from my text book, if you'd like?

Never did I say you are making things up, Im saying you are blabbering on about something pointless. Its like if you walk into a conversation about cars and you jump in by explaining how your cat just pooped a turd the size of your shoe, it would be kinda pointless. aka hot air.

Words are only relevant when used at the propper time. get my drift?

I do not rebuke your opinions and i find it incredibly insulting that you can call anything i say 'hot air' just because you can comprehend or accept what i am saying.

Read above. What you said was utterly pointless for this thread.

Opinions are not fact... you cannot say that your opinions are better than another. Sure you can value your own opinions more than the opinions of another persons... but they are not incorrect.
an opinion can be a personal feeling, a statement can be an explaimation of a fact. Both can be illogical, only one can be wrong. I see both.
"the ps3 sucks" is an exclaimation of a fact. "i think the ps3 sucks" is an opinion.

Get it? I think you do now.

If i'm wrong i'll apologise (again spelt with a 's' not a 'z') (shift: Z you dumdum lol) and correct myself ... but when i know i'm correct and i get told i'm wrong or what i'm saying it basically a load of ****... i will not stand for it
you know your right eh? but didnt you just give this whole shpeel about opinion vs fact, so if you are just stating opinion, you then go on to say you are right? thats a bit hypocritical.

Again, read above. an opinion can be a personal feeling, a statement can be an explaimation of a fact. Both can be illogical, only one can be wrong. I see both.
"the ps3 sucks" is an exclaimation of a fact or truth. "i think the ps3 sucks" is an opinion.

Anything can be illogical, an opinion can be illogical. Pointing that out is no sin, and the bread and butter of debate. Im waiting for that apology now.

Measure intelligence by amount of knowledge a person knows and how they apply it to the situation, and not by their age.

intelligence would be facts, knowledge. It is not how you apply it, rather thats known as Wisdom. A stupid person can be wise if they apply what little they know accordingly, just as a very smart person could put their knowledge in the wrong topic, which wouldnt be wise.

I'm 17 by the way, i'm not a Kid, i'm not a retard, i'm not a social outcast.

never said you were. I actually said you were smart. There is a 14 year old on here I respect very much for his knowledge and he has a good head on his shoulders. (thats you SSB_LOVER), so its not about age at all.

I am however, a well rounded individual with no personality disorders at all... FACT. (i've been tested, psychological testing for psychopath - the PCL-R Test i scored 2 out of 20 ^^)
as long as you dont have rabies, thats a o k by me.

Have a cookie. I would give you hug, but it looks like you have a flashlight in your pocket, either that or you are too happy to see me.

*Expecting ignorant reply which insults Dean on several occasions and offers not proof, other that his own self centred-ness (spelled 'centre' not 'center') also expecting irritating patronising comments* - Bring it.

Random Chuck Norris Fact #378

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse-kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

Last edited:
ha! lol at least you have spunk to come right back at me. Good show mate good show. lol I'll rep you for having a pair of balls and an attitude.

Too lengthy. I made statistical facts. 200k vs 9 million. Vanguard has less than 100k subscribers, and the game cost the company over $40 million to make. So I would call that, based on those numbers a complete failure. Of coarse Shift is too young to understand basic math.

Look how many subscribers EVE Online has. They dont have millions but the game is not a failure. It also only has one server.

sagema said:
Too lengthy. I made statistical facts. 200k vs 9 million. Vanguard has less than 100k subscribers, and the game cost the company over $40 million to make. So I would call that, based on those numbers a complete failure. Of coarse Shift is too young to understand basic math.

thats pretty sad then, if you are 27 and cant even read a post because it has too many words. Considering Im only a couple years younger than you, and I actually use my brain says a lot about where you are in life. =) but hey keep up on the personal attack sagema, i do enjoy the entertainment.

I agree. It's annoying to see so many people criticize the PlayStation 3 just because there's not any AAA games out yet. For the first year on most systems, there's usually not any good games, maybe one or two at the most.

But some really good games are coming out within the next year, such as Lari, Killzone 2, SOCOM, Call of Duty 4, White Knight's Story, and so much more.

When the 360 came out, the only game that I can think of that came out within the first seven to eight months that was AAA worthy was Call of Duty 2 and GRAW. Personally, I thought GRAW was overrated, but most loved it. There might be more, but that's all I can think of.

For the Wii, Zelda, Super Paper Mario, and Resident Evil 4 are about the only AAA titles that are out right now. They don't have loads to brag about either.

It's the first year for both systems, have some patience. Within the next few months to a year, some really good games will be coming out on all three systems.

Back