Anti-Microsoft

dedpoet777 said:
wow that is interesting! i would have thought with intel you would have the same results.

what were the specs of your computer?

also i wonder if boot camp itself would have slowed the process down on the windows side, or if the mac os is just faster at processing.
I did it on a Mac Mini with 1.66GHz Core Duo, and 1GB RAM. I don't believe that Boot Camp would slow it down because all it does is let you partition your HDD and burn a CD with the Windows drivers for the Mac hardware. You can install Windows without even using Boot Camp.

paintba||er said:

I did it on a Mac Mini with 1.66GHz Core Duo, and 1GB RAM. I don't believe that Boot Camp would slow it down because all it does is let you partition your HDD and burn a CD with the Windows drivers for the Mac hardware. You can install Windows without even using Boot Camp.
oh yeah yorue right sorry. i was thinking boot camp was like parallels that lets you dual boot.

however, i do also think that macs os is 64-bit. if you didnt put that up against a 64-bit windows then it will definitely get beat. im not sure if it is 64-bit, but it seems they switched completely over to 64-bit os's a while back.

dedpoet777 said:
oh yeah yorue right sorry. i was thinking boot camp was like parallels that lets you dual boot.

however, i do also think that macs os is 64-bit. if you didnt put that up against a 64-bit windows then it will definitely get beat. im not sure if it is 64-bit, but it seems they switched completely over to 64-bit os's a while back.
But the Core Duo isn't a 64 bit processor. The Core 2 Duo is though.

paintba||er said:

But the Core Duo isn't a 64 bit processor. The Core 2 Duo is though.

yes, again you are correct. i didnt notice you said core duo and not core 2.

well then, since you werent dual booting, and not using a 64-bit cpu, id say that the mac os is just plain faster. that is interesting to know. though i do not run macs, i have much respect for them. even if i did i would run paralells and dual boot with windows. i do too much stuff to be without my compatibility.

very interesting though....thanks for the info. their os is great. im not shocked their os is faster either cause it seems everything they do is damn good.

Last edited:
people are just sad pathetic losers who dont feel confident enough in their own interests so they bash others.

Back