Anyone disapointed in brawl?

SSE is pretty repetitive. I heard there was going to be a true "Adventure Mode" so I was thinking there would actually be a story with dialog (not real talking, but subtitles) with a true adventure feel. But its just a bunch of repetitive killing. But, its not completely boring, SSE is better than the last "Adventure Mode" so I give it a 5/10 but at the same time, this 5/10 does not bring down the score of the whole game because its just a little perk they gave us.

Online is where im most disappointed, its horrible (for now I hope). Im guessing its because the server is so busy and hopefully Nintendo will fix this. But seeing its Nintendo... it's possible they don't, since they don't care about online either way. Everything else is great, 10/10.

Overall I give the game 9.5/10 assuming the online will be fixed. If its never fixed then I give it a 8/10 because I don't know anyone with a Wii that could play with me, so the game will start to collect dust if online isn't fixed.

i actually kind of wish I woulda saved my 50 dollars. its fun, just not 50 dollars fun *shrug*

dws6699 said:
I'm very unsatisfied with the online play for Brawl, but I wouldn't say I'm disappointed. Everyone saw it coming. It's a shame that Nintendo won't take some notes from Microsoft.

Before Brawl, I didn't mind Nintendo being horrible with online play. But this game is just made for playing people all over the world. It's too much of a pain in the ass to get individual numbers. And then, even when you do get connected, it's not impressive at all. Hopefully that last part will get better with time.

Firstly, they made Ganondorf's attacks give away less and have less range; he is also significently slower in terms of running speed. Otherwise, the online play is very disappointing. Besides all the technical difficulties going on right now due to the overload of people on at once, it is not very convenient. Now I know it is not XBox Live, but they could have made it a bit more convenient, like inviting players or friends and getting fast matches with TWO people and not limited to just one. However, it is still early to make the calls--I'm sure Nintendo is working on it ASAP to keep their hundreds of thousands, if not millions already, customers satisfied. And I'm sure it will get better, I just hope they can take a note or two from Microsoft... :crazy:

Let's all give it a few weeks, they will get new servers (and thus more :crazy: ) and a lot of the trouble will go away. This isn't the first victim of such "atrocities", either, lol.:yikes:

I played my very first smash Bros game ever today at gamestop as they had it up as there was a midnight launch. I am going to rent it and spend more time with it but I am not sold yet after 20 minutes of play as I was the only one in the store at noon today. Only able to use wiimote only which is hard to use the "b" button. I easily forget what each button and combo of buttons does so despite me winning some training and single player matches I as not sure what I was doing other than button mashing. Rental and time at home will help but for now it is kinda like a nintendo mortal kombat to me.

I wouldnt say that I'm disapointed, but the SSE is really getting on my nerves. I'm on that maze thing. not actually sure if that the last place or not. but its really annoying.

I don't see why anyone would be dissapointed... If you're a SSB fan then you should love SSBB, like I do.

since everywhere it says "join the brawl that will end em all" do u tghink this is the last smash bros?

I think it might be, what more can they do with the game? If it isnt the last one then the next one will not be for a very long time.

once they fix the wifi connection for brawl than its 10/10
right now its 8/10 for me

The online kind of sucks right now, and I wasn't expecting much. I was obviously not expecting much--no voice chat (or basically any communication), FC's, etc. But the fact that they stripped down random play to nothing really blows; you can't even change it to stock battles. Bummer. Friends games are also rather inconvenient, even aside from the bad lag and disconnects. They could have made tons of simple improvements that would have gone a long way without violating the family friendly nature of Nintendo, such as being able to invite friends to games. So rather than sitting there waiting for people to join with several friends sitting idly online, I could invite them into my game. But I suppose Sakuri didn't find this to be important. Bummer again.

Once the online lag and disconnects get sorted out, things will be awesome. In the games where there is little to no lag, I've had an absolute blast. And the fact that there have been plenty of lag free moments (even with 4 plays on occasion) leads me to believe that truly smooth, lag free gameplay IS possible. I suppose it's just a matter of Nintendo straightening things out.

If things get straightened out, I could be playing this game online for a LONG time, which can't be said for other online games, such as Strikers, which has been totally ruined by abuse, overuse, and exploitation of cheap tactics. But I digress...

Outside of online, the single player stuff seems to be OK. It's a tad tedious and repetitive (particularly SSE), but I do have some motivation to play it to unlock characters and such (just unlocked my first...Marth...meh.). And the cut scenes in SSE are FANTASTIC. I just wish the tedious gameplay wouldn't drag on. I guess Nintendo realized how incredibly boring the actual SSE gamplay is, and gave us incentive to keep playing for those gorgeous cutscenes. It's worth it in my books.

On SSE I diden't get bored of it. Me and my brother played together. Have you tried it on twoplayer? Another great diffrence from the other two. Two player adventure mode.

Back