Anyone disapointed in brawl?

Atomheart said:
The online kind of sucks right now, and I wasn't expecting much. I was obviously not expecting much--no voice chat (or basically any communication), FC's, etc. But the fact that they stripped down random play to nothing really blows; you can't even change it to stock battles. Bummer. Friends games are also rather inconvenient, even aside from the bad lag and disconnects. They could have made tons of simple improvements that would have gone a long way without violating the family friendly nature of Nintendo, such as being able to invite friends to games. So rather than sitting there waiting for people to join with several friends sitting idly online, I could invite them into my game. But I suppose Sakuri didn't find this to be important. Bummer again.

Once the online lag and disconnects get sorted out, things will be awesome. In the games where there is little to no lag, I've had an absolute blast. And the fact that there have been plenty of lag free moments (even with 4 plays on occasion) leads me to believe that truly smooth, lag free gameplay IS possible. I suppose it's just a matter of Nintendo straightening things out.

If things get straightened out, I could be playing this game online for a LONG time, which can't be said for other online games, such as Strikers, which has been totally ruined by abuse, overuse, and exploitation of cheap tactics. But I digress...

Outside of online, the single player stuff seems to be OK. It's a tad tedious and repetitive (particularly SSE), but I do have some motivation to play it to unlock characters and such (just unlocked my first...Marth...meh.). And the cut scenes in SSE are FANTASTIC. I just wish the tedious gameplay wouldn't drag on. I guess Nintendo realized how incredibly boring the actual SSE gamplay is, and gave us incentive to keep playing for those gorgeous cutscenes. It's worth it in my books.

The only thing I dont like about the cutscenes is they were overly compressed. I doubt they needed to compress it that much. 360 uses DVD-DL and 360 games tend to have alot of crap and they never had cutscenes with this bad quality. I think Nintendo were newbies to using DVD-DL and they possibly compressed the videos to much by accident? Who knows, but they compressed it so much that the videos are all fuzzy as if I were watching cutscenes from an old PC game.

Edit: Yea I played SSE with my brother, but it still gets repetitive and after a while he started to get bored faster than me.

T3kNi9e said:
The only thing I dont like about the cutscenes is they were overly compressed. I doubt they needed to compress it that much. 360 uses DVD-DL and 360 games tend to have alot of crap and they never had cutscenes with this bad quality. I think Nintendo were newbies to using DVD-DL and they possibly compressed the videos to much by accident? Who knows, but they compressed it so much that the videos are all fuzzy as if I were watching cutscenes from an old PC game.

Edit: Yea I played SSE with my brother, but it still gets repetitive and after a while he started to get bored faster than me.

I have no idea what you mean about fuzzy picture and what not. When I watch a cutscene it is crystal clear.

im not disappointed but its kinda of what i thought it was going to be. an expanded and patched version of melee.

sse is just boring as hell...

when i noticed that all classic matches are 13 rounds i almost couldnt believe it. i mean i figured that when i did it once maybe the number of rounds was based on the hardness you picked --- OBVIOUSLY NOT.

multiplayer is alright but i got no one to come over and play with so im pretty much reduced to whomever i can meet online which is sometimes good - sometimes bad.

im giving this game the same rating i gave it before having played it. 8/10

SSE was a huge disapointement, it was sooo repititive! Like, every level was the same thing, the rarely added changes where you get to fight something huge, you know what I mean guys?

Online is alright, I know it's lagging because of too many ppl joining, but that should settle down in a few days.

Other than that....9/10

not my type of game sorry so will not bother about it..

I admit am an FPS fan so I would have preferred if I managed to make mohh2 work online...despite all this I return to my favourite game COD4 on my 360..that is really a game.

pinkfloyd6 said:
not my type of game sorry so will not bother about it..

I admit am an FPS fan so I would have preferred if I managed to make mohh2 work online...despite all this I return to my favourite game COD4 on my 360..that is really a game.

Any point to that post?

My online has been playing a lot smoother since this morning. I think that online will get much, much better with time. It won't be good enough to keep me interested, though. I feel like the lack of voicechat is killing it.

Who cares about the bad online mode. Really, I'd much rather play locally with friends, which is the main appeal of the game. What do you play when a friend comes over, or you need to entertain a guest? You pull out Smash Bros. of course! and mocking someone without seeing them doesn't feel as good, or any type of discussion as a matter of fact.

Only reason I'll play online is so that I can get practice against real humans. Like in Melee, I was amazing at playing 1-p and killing computers, but when it came to humans, I wasn't too great. Probably above average, but still not good enough.

JT. said:
Who cares about the bad online mode. Really, I'd much rather play locally with friends, which is the main appeal of the game. What do you play when a friend comes over, or you need to entertain a guest? You pull out Smash Bros. of course! and mocking someone without seeing them doesn't feel as good, or any type of discussion as a matter of fact.

Only reason I'll play online is so that I can get practice against real humans. Like in Melee, I was amazing at playing 1-p and killing computers, but when it came to humans, I wasn't too great. Probably above average, but still not good enough.

Not all of us know tons of people that play videogames. And further, not all of those people play smash. I don't want to teach someone how to play everytime we start. I want to be able to play people at my level. That's why I care about bad online play.

There's Wii Sports for randoms that come over and want to "try out a wii".

Unless they revamp the online (in time) I think I may end up selling my game and my wii with it. I understand that the game just came out so i'm having patience with it (i'm willing to wait about 3-5 months for nintendo to get this online thing right). If in time i'm unable to join a 2v2 with my friend with relative easy or am still having lagging issues I will be more than willing to give it up. I'm all about handing people their asses and smack talking from miles away. Someone already brought this up but COD4 is a GREAT online game. I don't pay anything for my ps3 monthly yet the game has so many great online features. Nintendo needs to pick up the online capabilities of their game.

I am not disappointed per se, I will say that SSE isn't as great as it seemed to be, its a very very dumbed down version of a platformer with some fighting thrown in. But, I am a sucker for good cutscenes so its O.K. =P

I had to keep warning myself pre-release that its still essentially Melee 2.0 and not to expect anything "revolutionary", so that helped me too.

I'm disapointed of SSE too, it was way too repititive and boring!

Also, it's too easy to unlock stuff.

I don't really know why you guys are hating on the Subspace. Like seriously, this is probably the best they could of done for a single player mode. I know it is pretty repetitive and boring, but it probably couldnt get any better then this. I give it 9.5.

DAVIDV99 said:
I don't really know why you guys are hating on the Subspace. Like seriously, this is probably the best they could of done for a single player mode. I know it is pretty repetitive and boring, but it probably couldnt get any better then this. I give it 9.5.

Exactly. It's not the greatest thing, but it's basically there for the same reason adventure mode was there in Melee. And you can't tell me that the adventure mode in Melee didn't feel like it was thrown together by a retarded blind man right before the release.

SSE is a HUGE improvement over the old.

T3kNi9e said:
I don't think anyone is actually disappointed (maybe a few are). There's just a few flaws in the game, no game is perfect.

No, you lie... DISNEY PRINCESS ENCHANTED JOURNEY IS FLAWLESS

/sarcasm

Back