Anyone who got MP3, was it your first Metroid game?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I never played a Metroid game. The reviews are amazing for MP3. so if anyone who got this game and never played a Metroid game before, how is it? Is it hard to catch on and understand whats going on??

Thanks

hmm well i personally like doing things in choronological order, not to the extent of playing the whole series over, but im' playing metroid prime right now and plan on buying metroid prime 2 before i put mp3 into my wii, i advise you to do the same because you can't really play mp3 and then 1 and 2 because the cube controllers would get hard to get used to after playing mp3 in theory

so if i didnt play 1 or 2, it would be too hard to play MP3?

No, not at all. This game really eases you in. You basically have a light training mission and then a slightly harder mission before you really get down to business. Word of advice, start scanning things immediately. To do that you hold down the minus button and point the reticule to the top of the screen. Then you point at items and hold the Z button and it will tell you about items and enemies, including their weaknesses.

I have owned just about all the Metroid games ever made.From the first Metroid way back on the the NES,the Super Metroid on the Super NES.The Metroids Fusions and all the Metroid Primes.Today I picked up MP3 so that pretty much all of them.I havent quite got to play my MP3 yet,my wife as been playing Zelda all evening so I cant comment on it just yet.But all the other Metroids are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone.I jave been playing Metroid Prime 1 and 2 getting ready for MP3.Right now the first MP for gamecube is my favorite but I got a feeling as soon as I get to play MP3 in a minute my opinion will change.

Ive never played a metroid game and got MP3, its very easy to understand whats going on... Its worth the buy.

so by the sounds of it, i should be able to catch on... Every time i see a review, its raving about the game...

well, i played and beat mp2 first, and am about 30% through with mp1. i just started playing mp3, and i'd say you dont really need to play the other too so much, but by getting some practice on the others you'll get used to what kind of puzzle you'll be facing, when you need to scan thing etc..

mushroomedmario said:
yeah my only fear is taht if i get into mp3, i won't be able to play the first because mp3 would set my mp standards to high

Yes that would definatly happen. This game is very simular to the modern Metroid series accept the controls and graphics are on a whole new level. As soon as I played this one I new I'd never go back to the GameCube versions, which were excellent games in their time.

Don't hesitate to buy this game. I have a modchip so i downloaded it a couple days before it came out, then bought it anyway once it was released.

miiplaywii said:
Yes that would definatly happen. This game is very simular to the modern Metroid series accept the controls and graphics are on a whole new level. As soon as I played this one I new I'd never go back to the GameCube versions, which were excellent games in their time.

Don't hesitate to buy this game. I have a modchip so i downloaded it a couple days before it came out, then bought it anyway once it was released.

Naaaaaw I'll still go back. I've gotta beat that boss I chickened out on. Besides I knew the plotline before I played any of the games so the story being jumbled up dun bother me and I find the control scheme exelent in all of the Metroids. I find Prime 1 to be better than this tbh. It struck my chord of impression better than anything else. It was awesome!!!

I just got the PED suit.

I don't think you really NEED to play any others before playing this and you'll be able to follow what's going. If you wanna catch up on the actual storyline of the Prime series or anything, I'm sure you could just check out Wikipedia. But I'd highly recommend downloading Super Metroid from the Shop Channel and playing through that first. It'll give you a nice intro to Samus and all her cool toys and it's also a great game, too, so it'll only make you wanna jump into MP3 that much more. I've played through Super Metroid more than any other game ever, it's probably about 5-6 hours if you're playing it your first time. DEFINITELY worth it even if you didn't plan on getting MP3.
As far as Metroid Prime 1 and 2, I'd agree with what other people said. At this point, it'd be kinda hard to go back to playing those after getting used to 3's controls but they are both kick ass games in the series. The only one I *could* live without would be the original. Super Metroid might not be the best since all the Prime games... but it's easily one of my top 10 games ever and it's what got me hardcore into Metroid.

Metroid Prime 1 and Prime 2 are two separate missions, many of the same characters are present in 2 that were in 1 with slight makeovers. I personally wouldn't recommend playing any series skipping the first two, but if you don't wanna play the Cube versions, then you should make out just fine. Like I said, they are separate missions anyway, you could always go backwards with the series if MP3 turns out to really be your cup of tea. This is a really good series, very hard to be disappointed...but if you decide to strap in be sure and be prepared for a tough thinking man's type game.

Back