Arc Rise Fantasia - Coming Soon

RockerJ

Still Obsessed with P4
Jan 26, 2009
Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
Wii Online Code
0217-6218-4567-4978
I found this in my GameInformer and what do you all think?
It's an RPG

It comes out 12/31/09

Info:

Arc Rise Fantasia

Nintendo seems to have all but abandoned traditional Japanese RPGs. During its the NES and SNES heydays, the console were the go-to destinations for turn-base battles, stereotypical fantasy characters, and worlds full of airships, dragons, and children who save the world. But in this industry it only takes one generation for things to change. Where the genre was once as virile as rabbits on Nintendo consoles, they are now as common as the flightless dodo on the Wii. Nintendo owners are still fans of the old genre should take note of Image Epoch's new title, Arc Rise Fantasia.
Arc Rise is set in the colorful world of Fulheim, a land where humanity reigns thanks to a mysterious technology called leys -- ancient luminescent artifacts that serve as the source of all magical energy. The idyllic society is on the verge of political turmoil, however, as mysterious monsters are tearing apart the surrounding land, crystallizing the environment in their wake.
While the story is torn from the annals of Generic RPG 101, the battle system is unique. The system is turn based, but unlike traditional RPGs, evry character draws from the same AP well. This is the crux of battle strategy. Players have the option to use one character to dish out a single large attack or spread the love by having the whole group participate in a longer string of attacks.
Summoned monsters also play into action. While details are limited, we hear these summoned creatures will be good for more than just causing havoc in battle. They provide useful knowledge to help players outside of combat. With its traditional narrative and game mechanics Arc Rise Fantasia certainly won't appeal to everyone, but hopefully it will strike enough classic RPG chords to satisfy old school fans.

-Gameinformer March 2009

Last edited:
Arc Rise Fantasia was announced ages ago and it's been on my anticipated list for a long time. Great that it has a release date now though.

If you like JRPGs then you should love this game. The effects look great and it has a crazy story with dragons and warships. What more could you possibly need!

Back