Are you impressed?

I've heard the VC games run in higher resolutions and that they're a bit darker.

No GC controllers yet for me but I can say the menu reminds me of McDonalds:wtf:

komio said:
eh i downloaded the NES zelda and its awesome and all but there are parts where it gets a little laggy and slowed down when there are alot of enemies on the screen, or you can see what some of the skeletons in the dungeos are going to drop because they flash in front of them sometimes (ex: rupees bombs) but besides that its awesome ;) i have almost 30 hours into the NES zelda and am still playing it haha... i need to make time for twilight princess :p

edit: the download for me took like 20 seconds on my DSL router belkin
then again its alot smaller than the N64 games (ALOT)

It is supposed to be somewhat laggy, it´s emulation for gods sake. I was laggy on the NES, hence it´s laggy on the Wii.

each games has flags for graphic resolution, draw distance, maximum objects rendered etc. This numbers are usually set by the manufacturer to what is just short of what the console can handle. All Nintendo would have to do is edit these settings in the ROM they play to EMU on the Wii, since they know the limitations of the Wii they can push the old game a littler harder, a little faster. Weither it be an extra bump of antialiasing, or further axis draws on distant objects.

Think about it like a PC game only this way Nintendo locks in the settings and you cant adjust them. Unlike on a PC where you can set your resolution, anti-aliasing, buffering, texture mapping etc.

All this happens from within the game, but I'm sure Nintendo has tinkered with the setting to get a big more from the Wii improved capabilities

DigestiveBiscuit said:
the only problem i have with the VC are the prices.

Yes, some of u might call me cheap and such. But here in the UK its about £20 for 2000 points. Now NES and SNES games are about 600 or 800 pts each. So you can only get 2-3 games per £20

The cheapest place appears to be buying points via the wii itself - £21 for 3000 points (and £6.99 for 1000 points, so 3x1000 costs £20.97 if you want to save 3 pence ;)

I've downloaded Donkey Kong Country and, sadly, I'm not impressed - far too flickery. I'm sure it was smoother on the SNES - I'll have to dig mine out to check!

Last edited:
Doogs said:
The cheapest place appears to be buying points via the wii itself - £21 for 3000 points (and £6.99 for 1000 points, so 3x1000 costs £20.97 if you want to save 3 pence ;)

I've downloaded Donkey Kong Country and, sadly, I'm not impressed - far too flickery. I'm sure it was smoother on the SNES - I'll have to dig mine out to check!

Flickery? I'm waiting for it to be released here in the united states, I even got the points sitting on my Wii waiting for Donkey Kong Country.

Can anyone else confirm this 'flickery?'

DigestiveBiscuit said:
the only problem i have with the VC are the prices.

Yes, some of u might call me cheap and such. But here in the UK its about £20 for 2000 points.

You are being ripped off, the RRP for 2000 Wii points is £14.99! Buy them cheaper somewhere else. I am rather fortunate, I work in GAME & get staff discount off the £14.99! :ihih:

Icredible Braig said:
You are being ripped off, the RRP for 2000 Wii points is £14.99! Buy them cheaper somewhere else. I am rather fortunate, I work in GAME & get staff discount off the £14.99! :ihih:

Same around here, we have places that sell them at what they should be in US dollars (20.00 for point card) and others selling em for 30.00. Doesn't surprise me that it's like that over there too.

Icredible Braig said:

If you work in GAME do you know if all GAME stores will be getting the RGB scart cables in this friday and how many each store are expecting?

Eat The Rich said:
If you work in GAME do you know if all GAME stores will be getting the RGB scart cables in this friday and how many each store are expecting?

They are down to arrive in store at some point during this week, so you would need to go into your local store to find out if/how many they are getting in. I haven't worked since tuesday so I don't know if my store (Aberdeen) has received any in yet. :mad2:

Back