Are You Ready for Greased Lightning?

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

I know, I know, Grease the Wii game, seems like a cheesy idea, but I’ve got a funny feeling that come the holiday season, this is the game that everyone is going to be having a blast with. It really does look like a lot of family fun, and surely everyone knows all the lyrics to songs like You’re the One that I Want, whether they’re prepared to admit it or not! If it’s done right, 505 Games could have the smash holiday hit of the year on its hands here.

Grease: The Game is, as you might expect, a dancing/singing party game that evokes everything that you remember about the film. Inspired by the timeless movie, Grease: The Game allows for connection of up to two USB Nintendo-compatible microphones and the Wii Balance Board.

Some of the different modes that you can expect to play include Party Mode, in which up to eight players get to compete in two teams in an attempt to achieve musical domination at Rydell High, and Story Mode, where players can fix up Greased Lightnin’ or try to win Sandy’s affections with their funky dance moves!

There are also lots of fun mini-games to get involved in, where you get to sing the movie’s iconic songs, dance the hand jive hop, race down Thunder Road and have fun at the Rydell Graduation carnival with Frenchie, Kenickie, Rizzo and the rest of the T-Birds and Pink Ladies. The game also features 16 songs from the movie, including Summer Nights, You’re the One That I Want, and Greased Lightning.

Look for* Grease: The Game to be released for the Nintendo Wii in September 2010.

There hands a bit too close to there peni in the third picture.

Back